health problem

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by JMonster, Aug 4, 2009.

1. JMonster

JMonster Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2005
    I know nobody here is a doctor but I thought I would throw out my symptoms and see if anybody has an idea what is wrong with me since the doctor doesn't. When my sickness was at its worse, I had no energy, no strength, throat hurt, dizzy, blury vision at times, and was extremely thirsty. It has been going on for 5 days and the Dr tested me for mono but it came back negative and also stated that my throat wasn't even really red or inflamed. I started feeling like this one day when I was working out then played basketball. I thought I was tired so I slept 15 hours and am still feeling sick. Any advice thanks for commenting. You can delete this after a few days.

2. curly

curly Fastest hands in the West Full Member

Nov 29, 2008
  3. Jerry

Jerry Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Your not by chance dehydrated are you? Or diabetic? Dieting? Had any sugar lately?

4. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    thats what I thought.
    go see your doctor, have him check your bloodsugar

5. JMonster

Mar 8, 2005
    that's what we thought, that i was diabetic because it runs in my family and has happened to me before but they tested me and i'm not. i wasn't dieting or nething, i thought maybe dehyrdrated but then y have i been sick for dayS? ya know? it sucks because it puts me back on my training and i can't do nething for a while : /

6. Jerry

Jul 21, 2004
    Well if you're really sick and your Dr. tells you you aren't, then find a different Dr. Don't let them tell you there's nothing wrong with you when you know for a fact there is.

7. G U E R R I E R

G U E R R I E R Thomas ''Hitman'' Hearns Full Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah might want to go see another doctor..

But you know sometimes you can catch a small virus and its gone after a few days of feeling sick.

8. Big Harry

Big Harry Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Blood sugar test pronto.

Blurred vision and thirst are clasic diabetes signs.

9. _J_G_

_J_G_ Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2006
    I am no doctor, but recently I overtrained, I had sauna suit and hammered the heavy bag, the sweat was literally pouring out of me, and I felt similar to what you explained. I was ok after a few days. I would definately get rechecked by a different doctor.
    How you're ok

10. JMonster

Mar 8, 2005
    Still sick. I pushed it and trained yesterday, felt good, today feel like I only have a bad cold. I plan on calling the Dr office tomorrow and see what's up with my blood. Thanks everybody for the advice.

11. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    get a second opinion dude.
    some doctors they only go by the book, the insurance book, it tells them what to do step by step in order for the insurance companies to pay them.

demand for them to check everything. It could also be stress related. Ever since that i took 3 months off from my job I havent been sick at all....stress is a ***** sometimes

12. JMonster

Mar 8, 2005
    thanks everybody for taking their time to worry about me. my blood came back with a low platelte level. this happened before and they didn't do anything about it so i doubt i'll go back again and get the run around. but at the same time maybe they will since this isn't the first time that it happened

13. Jerry

Jul 21, 2004
    If you can't afford another Dr or insurance won't cover you for a second opinion you can always work the system by going to a plasma donation center and signing up to donate. They give you a physical and a blood test, ask them to go over the results with you. You can always leave before you donate.

14. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I don't know anything about medicine; but I'd just like to wish you well, and I hope you fell better soon.

15. appolinari

appolinari New Member Full Member

Dec 27, 2007
    That's a pretty appaling and cowardly thing to do.