Hearn - Card of the Year? but.....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by J.BULLA, Oct 26, 2019.

1. J.BULLA

J.BULLA Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2011
    i maybe wrong but Im sure Eddie has said in interviews hyping tonights fight, that it was the card of the year..

Now I think we can all agree it was not an amazing card before or after the fights took place. Eddie just doing his job hyping things up. more fool the idiots who buy the PPVs demanding and expecting value for money.

But trying to be objective....does Hearn get more stick than other promoters for his cards because he does more "social media hyping" ??

Ok I dont watch the full card of every biggish / big boxing event globally but I dont recall too many Top Rank / PBC events in recent years that had memorable undercard match ups ?

happy to be corrected of course :)

2. LordSouness

LordSouness Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 15, 2014
    He gets way more stick. When was the last non-Hearn PPV which had three fights actually worth watching on it? Perhaps a Canelo fight sometime in the past?

(Not that I'm trying to stick up for him, he does bring it on himself)

3. J.BULLA

J.BULLA Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2011
    agreed.....i dont have to preference to any promoter.....i find it weird how some boxing fans favour one promoter over another......or for example accuse a Top Rank fighter of ducking a PBC fighter they like.....or vice versa.

on another note as i am watching it on catch up now and too lazy to check the RBR thread....did everyone notice the bell ring with 12 seconds left of round 3 in Chisora v Price ?

4. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Two things I like about Hearn’s is he gives entertaining interviews, and he puts his top fighters in risky competitive fights, which obviously makes very entertaining viewing.

5. PrinceNaseemHamed

PrinceNaseemHamed Walk Like A Champion Full Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Will never understand the stick, there were 4 fights worth watching on this bill where else do you see that

George Crowcroft likes this.
  6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Great card tonight, would've preferred Parker or Hunter but what can you do ay?

PrinceNaseemHamed likes this.