Hearn: Dillian offered 4 mil+

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 23, 2019.

1. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Purse bids for who and what ? If he becomes the WBO mandatory he can only get 20% if Hearn wants him to. 20% off a 30 million fight which is probably what it could generate is 6 million ,so if Whyte is being offered 4 or even 10 he has to wait another year and gain a few million more tops instead of getting a fight now and not risk losing.And that's assuming the fight does 30 million, which is also a guess.

S.K likes this.
  2. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2013
    if Whyte really made more than that to fight chisora like he claim then yes it is a ridiculous offer

3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    How did Whyte get more than 5 million from a fight with 350,000 buys at 20 quid. Did chisora fight for free?

S.K likes this.
  4. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    What are you talking about now? Joshua vs Parker was a unification fight with two proven fighters not a 2015 fight between domestic rivals? Of course a Parker fight would generate more money then Whyte at that time. not so much now because Whyte is a huge draw if he has a good opponent and I THINK a rematch vs Joshua is a good opponent isn't it ?

Hearn makes big money on a Joshua /Whyte rematch because it the only huge fight in the U.k outside Fury who are from there, yet you claim he wants Whyte knocked off ? Going into 2019 I can see you will still be a true head case on here, suggesting Whyte is viewed as some assassin for Joshua he doesn't want?????????????

You are even claiming he could have had Joshua fight Whyte instead of Molina when he had agreed to fight Klitschko already ,is Klitschko less of a threat then Whyte too??? lol

S.K and UKboxingfan like this.
  5. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    Whyte is the new Luis Ortiz , being overrated like crazy and everyone is apparently scared to death of him.

Mr Icaman and GALVATRON like this.
  6. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Well if he gets a mandatory spot in the WBO he gets 20%. Hearn has to calculate what that fight generates and its probably over 30 million by then if Whyte doesn't lose. Whyte will make close to that wheather Hearn offers or no,should the fight make 40 million and that's being generous but possible Whyte would get 8 million.

An offer of anywhere from 7 to 10 is not out of the realm when looking down the road. Whyte should take the 4 million anyway if that's true ( I don't think it is ) ,I believe he got more offered to him and if he really thinks he could win . My previous post explained why and it was to stop a competition of opponents competing with getting higher paydays which is the issue now. Everyone talks a good fight but wants to over price themselves .

7. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Whyte actually has a resume and has fought Joshua , Ortiz is a grandstander ( and grandfather probably ) though he almost had Wilder and at age 48 its not bad at all.

Fighters have actually ducked Whyte ,no one has ducked Ortiz , which is actually the biggest myth in current boxing. lol

8. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I have no doubt Hearn makes big money on a Joshua-Whyte fight now, after Whyte ran the gauntlet put in front of him.

Like I said, I don't think Hearn thought Whyte would win those fights. But he did. And now he's bigger than he ever was.

So why is he offering Whyte less than Parker and Povetkin were paid if Joshua-Whyte II is such a big fight?

Why was he still trying to make Whyte-Klitschko a couple weeks ago, if he was so eager to match Joshua and Whyte next?

I think Whyte signed with Hearn in good faith a couple years ago. Hearn promised Whyte a title shot and Whyte naturally assumed that would be a title shot with Joshua. But I don't think Hearn had any interest in pitting those two against each other again unless it was for all the belts.

Instead, he tried to get Whyte a shot with Wilder. Hearn wanted to promote that. He wanted to try to get Wilder into the fold. If Whyte pulled the upset, that was fine, too.

When that match failed to happen, Whyte STILL EXPECTED a title fight but Hearn didn't want to match him with Joshua because outside of Wlad he's the only guy to hurt Joshua.

So Hearn matched Whyte tough for a year hoping he'd avoid matching Whyte with Joshua.

When this year began, Hearn was trying to get Whyte to take a fight with Wlad Klitschko (yet ANOTHER roadblock).

Now Hearn has this fight I'm sure UK fans would love to see (more so than a Joshua-Povetkin fight) and Hearn is lowballing Whyte, offering him less than he offered guys like Povetkin and Parker (who Whyte also beat) ... because Whyte is a REAL threat and Hearn wants Joshua (and himself) to make as much off this dangerous fight as possible.

Whyte knows it's a big fight, too, (because Whyte did run the gauntlet) and I just don't think Whyte trusts Hearn anymore. So he wants to go the mando route.

If he becomes the mando, Whyte makes a bigger purse with the purse bid process and Hearn won't have any options on his title defenses.

But anyone with working eyesight could see Hearn did everything he could to keep Whyte away from Joshua. And if Hearn has to make that fight now, he wants to pay Whyte less than other challengers got ... even though Joshua-Whyte II is a bigger fight.

Joshua-Whyte II is a big fight TODAY, thanks to Whyte.

But I think Eddie Hearn put every roadblock in front of it he could because he didn't want to see it happen. And he was still trying to put roadblocks in front of it (like Wlad) a matter of days ago.

So anyone who thinks this was part of a Hearn "master plan" is high.

It's a big fight now because Whyte is still standing ... and Hearn didn't expect him to be. So if they have to fight, Hearn wants to skim the most he can for Joshua and himself.

And Hearn is terrified the sanctioning body will get involved and force a favorable purse split for Whyte.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  9. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    No, he gets 25%. And for Whyte to ONLY get 4 million in a purse bid, that means Joshua would ONLY get 12 million (75%).

In a purse bid, if Joshua makes more than 12 million then Whyte gets more than four.

And Joshua usually makes more than 12 million, if I'm to believe all the posters on this board.

According to the WBO rules:

SECTION 13. DIVISION OF PURSE FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS HELD PURSUANT TO PURSE BID
    • The purse for Championship Contests held and completed pursuant to Purse Bids (except those Championship Contests involving situations described in Section 14(e)(1) hereof, the Purse Bid division for which shall be distributed as per Section 14(e)(2)) shall be distributed as follows:
      • CHAMPIONSHIPS with an EXISTING CHAMPION
        • In fights for the Title between the Champion and the Mandatory Challenger held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the Champion, the Champion shall receive 75% of the purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 25%.

10. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Joshua-Whyte can sell much better than Joshua-Parker and Joshua-Povetkin. It has all the ingredients for another Froch-Groves build up.

Whyte is worth more than £4,000,000 though as he brings more marketability to the fight.

However, I think Joshua beats him again unless Whyte has been sandbagging all this time and has more boxing IQ than what we've seen so far.

11. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    @Dubblechin if Hearn had no desire to make this fight, why was it widely considered to be the fight that was gonna be made for April, including by frank warren, until recently?

S.K likes this.
  12. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    No, he gets 25% according to the WBO. If the bid for the fight is $30 million, Whyte would get 7.5 million (which is more than 4 million).

13. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014

If Hearn's "master plan" was to make Joshua-Whyte for April, why was he trying to get Whyte and Wlad to fight on that date as of nine days ago?

And why was Hearn with Joshua in NY in December saying Joshua wants his next fight in NY?

And why did Hearn say a week ago he sent Wilder and Fury offers for April?

Yep, sounds like Joshua-Whyte II was the plan all along. (sarcasm)

14. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    Why would it be Hearn’s master plan? It’s far from the biggest fight out there for him despite everyone now acting like it is. It’s dillian Whyte, with more time in the last round and more heart Parker would have taken him out - AJ will beat him comfortably and doesn’t owe him anything.

15. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    You don’t really know what the buys were, if you do please link it, coz sky sports never really give official numbers.