Hearn: Dillian offered 4 mil+

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Hurrikeen

Hurrikeen Member Full Member

May 30, 2014
    Whyte was savagely knocked out by AJ.
    Whyte's best win is against a proven-average Joe Parker, who by the way had Whyte on ****-street in that final round.
    His ONLY other 'notable' wins are Chisora, Browne & Helenius.
    Whyte went almost 24 rounds with a 34 year old Dereck Chisora.

The only HWs that can be classed as elite as of today are AJ, Fury & Whyte.

The rest are a tier below - Whyte included.

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I fully agree with that.

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

You do know Hearn can bid low, agree a "side purse" with AJ and Whyte gets 0% of any PPV if this goes purse bids?

You understand that right? Hearn has explained this tactic in previous IFL interviews.

Also the figures you quote are figures do sometimes include PPV sales.. so a purse bid will just get Whyte a basic purse, nothing else.

You prove time and time again you have very little knowledge on the working of deals.

UKboxingfan likes this.
  4. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I don’t care what hearn plans tbh, if that’s the case Dillian should go ahead and get with the PBC, Dillian will always be second to AJ at matchroom. If he gets with PBC he could potentially overtake wilder if he could manage to beat him. Haymon doesn’t care who wins long as he has a stock in both fighters.

5. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    You are delusional if you think the Usyk fight does better financially than the Dillian fight. This is coming from someone who thinks the Usyk fight is the better fight.

6. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    What also bothers me is the assumption Hearn hasn't looked at this from every angle, of course he has made calculation after calculation and knows what he just offered Whyte will not be bettered in a purse bid.

He basically has Whyte by the cobblers, in terms of the here and now and money and that's why Whyte has "gone rogue" and thrown his toys out of the pram.

He feels stitched up but feeling and actually being stictched up are two completely different things.

If Whyte wants to sign with another promoter that is fine, not a problem, he wasn't signed with Hearn for a reason, Hearn never pushed it.

Let's see if another promoter will go balls out for Whyte, let's see if another promoter will back Whyte financially to the extent Hearn has backed him, I honestly don't believe they will.

Go and look at Wilders purses for his last 10 fights, is Haymon paying or generating Whyte the same as Hearn generates him? Not a chance.

FW? No chance. I'm sorry but in my opinion FW bottled a purse bid for Andrade Vs Saunders, will probably lose a purse bid for Warrington Vs Galahad if Hearn actually wants it and has Fury Vs Wilder problems to deal with.

Whyte has done extremely well over the past few years, he has turned it all around but he is going to cut off his nose to spite his face.

And some of the posters on here are a total disgrace, wasn't long ago some of you were and basically still are slaughtering Whyte for not fighting Ortiz, apparently he is a "ducker".

Also saying Whyte doesn't deserve a title shot, tearing his resume to pieces and just throwing general hate in a Whytes direction.

Fast forward and Whyte has a problem with Hearn/AJ's offer and now he is "worth more" and being "lowballed"

Let me remind you hypocritical morons that the offer Hearn has made to Whyte is far more than Wilder has earned in EVERY TITLE DEFENCE APART FROM FURY.

Let that sink in, a voluntary title challenger getting offered more than Wilder made for all but one of his title fights.

Lowball by backside.

UKboxingfan likes this.
  7. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    The truth.

Somebody above said “Hearn, as Whyte’s promoter has to get him a title shot”. Doesn’t Hearn also have to get AJ a great deal or are we just gonna look at this from cry baby Whyte’s angle?

N17 likes this.
  8. critix

critix Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 9, 2012
    does anyone really want to see AJ v Whyte though? I for one don't.

rather see him make his american debut than fight Whyte

Doppleganger likes this.
  9. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Me too if im honest. Its not a bad fight and the ones we really want seem to be tied up with each other but id also prefer to see the Miller fight in NY. Somewhere new, somebody new. And at the end of the day Miller is a top 10 ranked fighter so i cant even complain at the level.

critix likes this.
  10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I am not really concerned with how much Wilder is earning overseas, it's another world, another market.

I work in the UK. I will refuse a job that pays less than the industry standard in the UK Market, even if it is 'better' than what the indian, malaysian or even swedish market is offering me.

Whyte is a UK based fighter. He knows how much is in the pot, and on the table. And he shouldn't have to sit by idly while others at the table get greedy and take away from Dillians worth.

Has nothing to do with Wilders earning because Wilder is not involved in the deal. Hearn, AJ and Whyte all know the UK market very well. And only one side is being overly greedy, suprise suprise, other contenders think the same.

I'd go rogue myself if I was Dillian, why stick around dishonest people? They made promises, they sold narratives, they garnered interest and built the promotion for a rematch.

And lo and behold:

Hearn: Sorry Dillian old chum, you asked for a title shot and I offered you one BUT the condition is you take what I give you and only if Wilder and Fury are busy... and only if Miller doesn't accept a lower offer.

Text me on Monday mate while you let that settle in my son.

Oh you want to hold out for a mando? No worries, I got Usyk on speed dial, we can get him fast tracked to #1 status and mando before you my son.

Take it or leave Dillz, it's been fun.

Ever seen the film Bedazzled with Brendan Fraser? You ask the devil for a wish, and you don't really get what's right.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  11. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    As would I and as would DAZN, which is a factor people seem to be overlooking.

critix likes this.
  12. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    4 million is a little on the low side, but hardly insulting. 5-6 mill would be a decent offer, when you consider they were going to pay Pulev 5 mill as mandatory. So I think Whyte deserves the same or more as WBO mandatory and Whyte isn't an idiot you never accept the first offer, there's always more you can squeeze out.

But I can see why he sees it as a low offer, he's already making probably a couple of mill per fight for Parker and Chisora so only doubling his current paydays seems low. He's not going to get a better payday elsewhere though and he has to weigh the risk of losing and having to rebuild again against him winning and going onto even bigger and more lucrative fights.

If Whyte truly wants it, it shouldn't take much more to convince him to take the AJ fight, but if he's asking for an 8 figure payday then it's clear like others he wants the big payday vs AJ more than he wants the opportunity to be the man at heavyweight.

UKboxingfan likes this.
  13. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree.

Some of these posters are just disgraceful LOOOL they genuinely have zero shame and must have short term memory loss.

It's just another excuse to have a pop at Hearn and AJ.

A month ago Whyte wasn't even good enough for a title shot accordingly to most of these people. Whyte wasn't worthy, his resume was padded and full of holes and he needed to fight Ortiz..

All of a sudden he is worth more that £5/$6.5 million, Whyte is being "lowballed"..

Let's forget Whyte would be a voluntary challenger, not a mandatory and doesn't bring title.. but all that doesn't matter, if you are in any kind of dispute with Hearn or AJ then you must be in the right.

I might start scanning through some of these posters old posts and quotes and reminding them of their hypocrisy.

UKboxingfan likes this.
  14. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I said it and if course he has to get AJ the best deal. Like I said I don’t know enough about the numbers to be screaming Whyte is being lowballed. However I do think from what I have seen Whyte should earn around 6mil, he has a name in the UK, he has been in good scraps and his mouth would help to sell the fight. It’s up for debate which is why I opened the thread.

15. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    So true, the opinions on Whyte have gone full circle since it meant people can have a pop at AJ and Hearn. It was widely conceived on her by everyone, including frank warren “We all know AJ is fighting Whyte, shocking”. Now apparently AJ is running scared.

I bet if this fight is made people will be saying “AJ took the easy fight, wont travel to the US and fight Miller who is better”.

N17 likes this.