Hearn Hypocrisy Compendium

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Sep 12, 2018.

1. uppercut_to_the_body

uppercut_to_the_body Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    This is a thread where we can compile all of Eddie Hearns hypocrisies into one convenient location.

Starting from the latest IFL:

- Says he is putting Whyte - Chisora on the same day as Frampton - Warrington and that no one should feel hard done by cause its just business.

- Cries and complains that Warren / Showtime might announce Fury - Wilder on Anthony Joshuas "fight week"

This is just absurd. He can justify clashing a PPV which will probably half both the PPVs potential revenue, but god forbid someone ANNOUNCE a fight in the whole week leading up to an AJ fight. So Hearn and Matchroom own the whole week, no one can do any business :lol:

This content is protected

2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Hearn is damaging AJ`s career the same way Rock Newman ruined Bowe`s.

3. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Well, here's why I agree with Hearn on those two points you mention:

1. The audience of Frampton-Warrington is really only the Northern Irish fans. Eddie can put all he wants on that day, it won't hurt the core PPV sales of Frank's show because it only mainly appeals to Northern Irish people. Oh, and Whyte-Chisora doesn't sell as good as he thinks anyways. So A. It won't steal fans from Frank's show and B. It doesn't sell in the first place.

2. When can you recall Hearn playing that game against Showtime or Frank? He has been fair for the most part, so why aren't they? He is right to moan about this. Showtime did a similar kind of thing with Canelo-GGG by putting Mayweather-McGregor just before it to hurt it's PPV sales. Al Haymon and Showtime are jealous and they are showing it. He is right to call them out like that.

4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I like both Whyte and Chisora, but PPV....seriously?

5. Suicide Man

Suicide Man New Member banned Full Member

Sep 9, 2018
    One key difference is Joshua-Povetkin is not PPV in America. Nothing will be affected by Wilder-Fury’s announcement. How can it possibly affect UK PPV Sales ?

It’s a cry over nothing, now stop acting like a women on her period, and get to buisness boys for the rest of the year.

6. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    December looks mad packed.

If Khan v Brook happens its going eat all the ppv sales. Can't see them doing chisora v Whyte as well. Khan v Brook would have to go December 1st

7. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I will admit I don't see why he's complaining about the announcement because tbh i dont see it "hurting" the AJ povetkin fight because people will be talking about the division

George Crowcroft and nellybc like this.
  8. LB28

LB28 New Member Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    He's 'complaining' because they were supposed to announce however long ago and have waited most likely just to piggyback of AJ as usual.

BigStiffIdiot likes this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    What about if he put Whyte - Chisora on a Saturday fight night on the 22nd and not PPV?

I think it should be doubled with Brook - Khan. That’s the only way I see either as a viable PPV.

10. LB28

Sep 13, 2018
    IF you want to see hypocrisy, watch this..
    Best laugh I've had in ages.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I'll be hard pressed to shell out for either one of those fights tbh

12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Announcing Wilder - Fury on AJ fight week, would just be pathetic by Finkel and Frank and Hearn would be in his rights to be annoyed.

Hearn also has a point, that frank announcing shows without firm dates makes it difficult to plan his business and he cannot wait for ever.

I doubt we will see two PPV in one night- If the promoters don’t, then Sky or BT will surely pull rank and make he decision. Whichever way you look at it, it’s bad for bob businesses in an already over inflated PPV market.

13. LB28

Sep 13, 2018
    Another interesting thing I think is what if Hearn missed the actual reason for the delay but did push FW into revealing something. Notice he keeps stating its due to negotiations with venue's. Maybe it is.
    Perhaps they cannot get the money they need or were expecting from the venue..

14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Usually I wouldn’t really give a monkeys when it’s confirmed but this Wilder - Fury thing is having a knock on affect on planning shows both in the states and probably other here.

Hearn tbf was planning a Vegas show for November 17 which is obviously important for his business/DAZN and he can’t do anything until he knows what’s going on. Again, I wouldn’t usually care, but I could understand his frustration at the situation.

If there is problems in the negotiations/plans which is causing the delay then fine..we know this happens in boxing but if there delaying it for over a month just to announce it next week then that’s just ridiculous IMO.

Unforgiven likes this.