Hearn Hypocrisy Compendium

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Sep 12, 2018.

1. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Worth noting that Hearn confirms the Josh Taylor card will be on PPV in that column as well. He is right in saying there is an oversaturated market but clearly he and his broadcaster are a massive part of the issue here.

The DAZN deal is an absolute steal for the American fans- some months you will have PPV cards totalling well over £30 available for $10 stateside.

2. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    the same way Boxnation was a steal for us....we were getting $100 dollar PPVs regular

3. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    That’s a fair point.

4. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    Very interesting that @Scissors our turbo posting friend has made no comment on this threads...

5. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Eddie is the boy who cried wolf.

His explanation for the Wilder negotiations breaking down was pretty rock solid. But the amount of spin and conjecture he regularly uses means that people don't take him at face value on even the simplest of points.

Him saying the Brook vs Khan fight is 'now or never' was a pearler from last weekend. Conjecture at best, outright lie at worst.

That fight could happen any time as long as neither of them suffer a seriously embarrassing defeat. And steps will be taken to make sure that doesn't happen.

6. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Not really. Khan has one more fight on matchroom which will be a PPV fight. That means if it isn't brook it will be a live opponent. Khan vs a live opponent who can punch is always at risk of getting taken out.

Neither brook or Khan can lose again before they fight.

7. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Agree 100% not a ppv on a suncriotion channel that costs each month. They need a higher bar to justify a ppv than this

Twentyman likes this.
  8. Suicide Man

Suicide Man New Member banned Full Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Are you one of these Hearn plebs he manages to brainwash ?
    It isn’t a “absolute steal”. At this current stage, it’s a platform for European Fighters which needs Americans backing.

Do you see the problem ? It’s garbage, Showtime is $11 in the States and you get Wilder, Spence, Broner, Davis, Garcia, Thurman all the top fighters plus weekday content like Homeland etc

HBO is $15, you get Game of Thrones, Golovkin and Canelo

Netflix is $9 and you get a whole load of programming.

Do you see the problem, DAZN is all within that price range, and only hardcore boxing fans who live it and breath it will buy it, that’s a tiny number of people.

You really don’t know the US Market and how US Consumers work do you ? Stop listening to Hearn and use your brain.

Unless DAZN gets a hold of NFL, NBA, College Football or manages to produce something like Game Of Thrones, it’s set up for a crash and burn.

9. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015

Khan could get his mandible ripped off by a grizzly bear and Brook have his orbital caved in by a blow from Thor's hammer. They'd still make that fight PPV and get half a million buys.

The fight happens when Khan wants to cash out, simple.

10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Don't you think they know that? I've said this before but DAZN cannot be judged a success or failure after 3-6 months. Even 12 months. They will play the long game waiting until rights for other sports are up for grabs.

11. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    The hate on here for Hearn makes me laugh.
    It's obvious the whole AJ/Wilder saga is down to Wilder not wanting the fight. If he won't fight AJ then next best is Whyte so he has done exactly the right thing.
    Hearn saying it is now or never for Brook/Khan is obviously a ploy to put pressure on Khan to agree to the fight. Obviously it's not now or never but Hearn is doing his best to deliver this fight.
    I don't think you can knock Hearn as he has brought over GGG, Klitchko, Spence to the UK and in November we will be seeing Usyk. In years gone by these lb for lb champions have never been seen on these shores.
    Finally I think the hatred for Hearn is mainly because PPVs. Again I don't see the problem, we need this format to bring the best boxers to the UK and also he is running a business and the model obviously works. As a customer if you don't like it then don't buy.
    Let's show a bit of Hearn love please

BigStiffIdiot likes this.
  12. Suicide Man

Sep 9, 2018
    Why do we have to show love for someone doing their job you typical pleb. ?

Why do we show love to someone who’s job it is to seperate you from your money, you absolute bellend ?

Why do i have to show love to a Man, who’s buisness model is based around Sky Sports Subscribers paying a extra £120 a Year for Boxing when people already pay £50 a month ?

On the Joshua-Wilder saga...

He’s only begging to make Khan-Brook now because both are old and past it. When a fight comes up between two legit fighters at their primes i.e, Joshua v Wilder he’s nowhere to be seen

Why does he keep offering Wilder flat fees instead of a % ? At the same time he’s trying to sign Wilder to his DAZN Experiment which tells you the slimy, hypcritcal c*NT he is.

Why does he keep trying to lure Wilder into a april contract when he’s busy on fighting Fury and if he wins the Fury fight, his value goes up in the Joshua fight ?

Why does he always think people buy PPV’s because of Eddie Hearn ? I remember the Son of Bit*h saying him and other promoters having feuds drives up PPV Buys up and then quoting some lines from Shakespeare ?

That’s why he calls shelly finkle “winkle” because his a disrespectful little twerp. And thinks picking on a man who can’t argue back makes him feel 7 feet. Funny, how he dosent try that with Frank Warren who ends up spilling the beans on Matchroom/Stubhub/Ticketmaster links

His a arrogant, middle class, posh little pri*k who i hope burns in hell and i hope he ruffles a few feathers with the wrong people in America and winds up like T-Pac Did

Sephiroth Rising 7 and tdf1974 like this.
  13. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    Wow....shots fired

I have actually heard he is on thin ice in USA already

14. Suicide Man

Sep 9, 2018
    US is a different world from here. American Boxing, has a huge demographic with African-Americans and Latino/Mexican Americans.

Let’s just say they are trigger happy. Hearn the way he acts, looks and talks, i doubt Parts of the US will welcome him with open arms.

Would be amazed if he manages to never get into a punch up or shooting while he’s their. HE has a face, that is asking to be shot at

15. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    It's a shame people can't have a proper debate on here without being insulted by names.
    I think you will find that Wilder originally agreed to the flat fee which is now in front of him but still he refuses to sign the contract.
    Also Hearn has been trying to get Brook and Khan in a ring for years but Khan just doesn't want it.
    Hearn is a business man and he is obviously trying to make as much money as possible which is why we have all the PPVs however you cannot slate him for this because anyone else in his position would do the same. Unless your a complete hypocrite which I can only guess that you are.