Hearn: It’s not about the money LOL

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, May 23, 2018.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    AJ is huge no doubt, even my nan knows who he is but i wouldn't say fury is a big draw. He still has plenty of tickets left for his comeback and didn't sell particullay well before. Barley sold a ticket for the Wlad rematch.

His suspension and inactivity has probably boosted his profile ironically.

jmashyaka and Holler like this.
  2. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    True. The soap opera aspect of his life helped too. He was rarely out of the front pages of the papers for awhile. The best thing that happened to him though in terms of earning potential was the rise in popularity of AJ, because there's a trickle down effect which has boosted the careers of Whyte, Bellew and once he gets his act together, Fury himself.

jmashyaka likes this.
  3. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I don’t care if you are Floyd mayweather, a 50 million garuntee is the biggest garuntee ever in the sport. AJ will never be loaded enough to look at that offer and say it’s not good enough monetarily.

viperzero and chico g like this.
  4. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    He is not as big as AJ but if he fought AJ they would be his biggest fight outside of Wilder. If Fury can get active and talking crap again, you will see people talking about him.

5. speedbaggage

speedbaggage Member Full Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Well maybe you're right. I remember Dana white offering Mayweather 25 million guaranteed. He turned it down. When they fought Mcgregor made 100 mil and Mayweather made a couple of hundred mil. That's a good point you make.

jmashyaka likes this.
  6. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Is that what he actually said or just something taken out of the context?

7. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    25million is chicken feed for mayweather to fight in a completely different sport.

He earned 100 million fighting Pacquiao so it's not crazy for him to be turning his nose up in response to 25 mil.

Joshua or any HW have never learnt any where close to 50 million and this coward is on the verge of jeopardizing the deal because he wants to "" feel secure" fighting in the UK. His words not mine

8. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    50/50 is not equitable as it does not account for AJ being the A side.

9. speedbaggage

speedbaggage Member Full Member

Mar 22, 2014
    I was quoting and rebutting the other guy who said "I don't care if you are Floyd Mayweather". So it's good you agree also.

50 mil usd is 37 mil gbp. So you are right that it's a big payday. But then again Joshua makes at least 20 mil gbp fighting stiffs and Wilder makes about 1 mil. Joshua clearly doesn't need the cash and is the A side and can dictate te

10. Popnvg

Popnvg Member banned Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Al Haymon, Showtime ? These are Mayweather's Boys you are talking about. You think Showtime will just give Wilder, Finkle and Di Bella the opportunity never mind the CHANCE to mess up a PPV EVENT ? The Marketing and Promoting of this fight will be done by Showtime and CBS. Highly likely also Matchroom USA will be promoting the fight in partnership also, so they will have input

11. Popnvg

Popnvg Member banned Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    We still dont know the official terms of that 50M Offer. It could easily be the 50M Only Goes to the Winner. Or the fight has to do a sufficient amount of PPV Buys/Gate/Other Revenues to give that 50M. Joshua however HAS to take this fight in the US- he has the chance to go from Local to Global, His Main Sponser is Under Armour a American Compnay who i am sure are begging him to go to the US

12. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Yeah but they said money isn’t a problem.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  13. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    What kind of **** are you talking now? Hearn confirmed on IFL that the offer is legit. Haymon answered his questions and there are a few more clarifications to be had. It’s a $50m guarantee for Joshua. Why is this so hard for Joshua bum boys to accept? Your master Hearn has confirmed the offer is genuine, he has spoken to Haymon.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  14. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    We do know that is 50 mil garunteed, it’s not dependent on the sales, he also get 50% on top of it does well so if it does 150 mil, AJ would get 50 mil regardless then 25 mil on top. So it would be 75 mil each for both fighters.

PaddyGarcia likes this.
  15. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Wilder could derail the Cash Cow across the pond however he might also find himself fighting for survival in the mid to late rounds.
    Just make the fight