Hearn letting Frank back on top

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    In the UK , mental his ego with dazn has made his stable a complete mess.

He should have buried Warren

iceferg, DON1, Punchdrunk1 and 2 others like this.
  2. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Still can't get my head around it really. Joshua on a Queensbury show and on TNT. We were told after the Uysk fights that Joshua was signed to Match room for the rest of his career and that his remaining fights would be on DAZN, a company that he now has a stake in. Correct? What the f**k happened?

iceferg, Punchdrunk1 and Bfcad like this.
  3. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    I remember when Warren was having a really rough patch, Eddie was dominating, pretty much all the big names, all the big coverage and talked about events. Would of been about 2017ish maybe, possible pre fury comeback, he had a an absolute flop of a show (might of been Skeete headlining) at the Brentwood Leisure center, which was dead. Warren wasn't even ringside, it looked like he had given up and Queesnbury was on life support. I remember thinking to myself, I think they are done.

How he has come back from there to where he is today is remarkable

Sonny1, DON1, Holler and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Has it been confirmed it’s on TNT & not DAZN in the UK?

5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Watch this space. Dazn and Eddie happy to work with all. Frank is literally Tom brown in this scenario

6. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    Not yet unless I've missed it. Think that's just the rumour that's circulating.

Can you imagine the amount of squirming and spin ifl & the boxing social clowns will have to do if it does go to TNT, wonder how they will spin that as success for DAZN. They will probably resort to there usual 'great shirt Eddie, luvin the drip' - just the excellent boxing insight we need

rezzer likes this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    The Chef?

8. David Street

David Street New Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2023
    DAZN is not gonna pay, Saudi Arabia... Bob Arum & Frank Warren team up again and believe they made a partnership with that sweet Saudi money which DAZN will not top. Eddie Hearn and Dana White were working on Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates shows but Saudi is uping the game and leaving UAE behind. Arum says he was also losing fighters until Frank & him got in good with the Saudi money as PBC's Al Haymon was paying the best, he says no more as Saudi Arabia is the new fight capital and Matchroom & UFC need to do catch up unless UAE steps up to compete against Saudi Arabia but no sign of that.

9. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    When it was £2 a month I got some good fights on it. Since it shot up and I got rid I don’t think I’ve even wanted to watch a fight that’s been on it. Big fall from grace if you ask me.

10. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    2 out of Joshua's 4 biggest fights since the move to DAZN have been on different platforms. They also happen to be the two biggest fights since that move.

Bfcad likes this.
  11. names tom

names tom New Member banned Full Member

Nov 15, 2023
    As Frank said in the presser hes doing it for the fans. IMO thats what makes him the best promoter there is, hes always put the fans first before his pocket.

Bfcad likes this.
  12. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I’ve just got back from a couple of days working away without my phone, in Riyadh of all places, and I’ve just seen the announced stacked card with Hearn and Warren working together. Mental, I bet the YouTube wannabe journos have been having nerdgasams.

David Street likes this.
  13. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Just prior to the BT contract there was a point with Frank and the BN saga, All the staff at queensbury were ready to dash out of the back door at the point the receivers were coming through the front door.
    what a guy Frank is...Hearn tried burying him and yesterday must of been one of the highlights in Frank's career.
    He was like the cat that had got the cream sat on that table.