Hearn looking shifty over Wilder contract....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by EX7EY, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I definatley agree that all the different platforms is becoming a joke

2. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Personally I dont think Joshua is in his Prime yet.

I think in his fight against Parker he showed he is still evolving his style, but it's not yet perfected. He is still 4-5 fights away from his absoloute prime in my opinion.

Wilder on the other hand at 32 with 40 fights is in his absoloute prime. He isnt going to get any better and conversley is probably 4-5 fights from being on the downward slide.

I've said before from a business point of view (AJ side) the time to make the fight is in 18 months time when wilder is 34 and probably going to be just starting to lose that little bit of pace.

Its the Floyd Mayweather strategy.

3. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    The reason he's full of of if's and buts is that he doesn't hear back from wilders team for weeks when he corresponds with them. Then when there is something said it's from deontay on social media!

That's not gonna make the fight, why deontay can't just let his team sort the deal and just stfu bumping his gums in the cartoon like way he does until his team sort a deal I'll never know..

Instead he has to flap his gums in the forced and contrived way he does.

Just sign the contract to come to the uk and get sparked ASAP donkey and stfu with the BS social media farts for once, eh!

4. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    See what you're saying, but no, not sure about that myself. I watch all these interviews, he's normally bold as brass about it, cocky, brash, all of it. Last night he looked shifty about it, like he's saying one thing but it's definitely going to be something else. Like he basically knows it will be Povetkin next and Wilder next year. That's what it looks like to me

5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Didn't sound shifty at all.

4 weeks it took for Wilder to agree and now this week they want a contract. They don't have unlimited time when the Povetkin fight is due and Hearn simply said they don't have the luxury of time and they can't wait another few weeks for the contract to be signed.

I think it's more shifty that team Wilder seemed to accept as soon as they heard the Povetkin fight was close.

S.K likes this.
  6. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    I wasn't really suggesting it was shifty about what he said about them needing to accept the terms quickly. I get they don't want to be getting into july/august and still have no fight scheduled, that's fair enough. Not what I was talking about though really, he barely gave one straight answer in the whole interview.

7. UK2004

UK2004 Active Member Full Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Funniest thing is they think there is less risk against Povetkin, Povetkin is made for KO'ing Joshua, he will tag him with the left hook and Joshua won't get through this one.

channy likes this.
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    No doubt AJ wants this fight. The window for Wembley Stadium in September has gone though and the chance to break a new record (100k) attendance. Realistically that chance doesn’t happen now until next summer so it’ll be Povetkin next, followed by Whyte 2 if he beats Parker. Then it’ll be Wilder in July. Two very winnable interim fights that earn AJ close to £50 million before the big one

9. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    My thoughts exactly.

10. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    I bet those russians have thrown 100m, a helicopter, a house, a gold chain, a cat and the rest of the kitchen sink at Eddie and AJ. That'll never be said to anyone though, it'll be a secret and it will look as if AJ only got 15-20million instead from the Povetkin fight. Cause they know, that if Povetkin wins he becomes the star, and the russian guys get paid huge money from Putin and co, so that 100m and the helicopter is probably just nothing to them.

Or alternatively, Eddie is clearly just going for povetkin because he knows Wilder's side have been playing games for the last 2 months or so for no apparent reason. We saw Whyte-Parker done in 48 hours. Joshua-Wilder has taken longer than 48 DAYS to get done....Why? Because Wilder's side just make everything complicated. Stop talking and just sign it for the love of god...please..

It could have been a case of 'deal with sponsors, tv etc within a few days, then send the contract, then wilder signs the contract, boom'. But instead it's been a pointless exercise where Wilder just talks, then says AJ's side are ducking, then talks some more, then says AJ's side are ducking, then talks some more, then says AJ's side are ducking...

In the meanwhile, AJ is being much more respectful, and he clearly just wants the fight signed. He isn't interested in spending 2 months talking about money, talking about each other, calling each other out, talking absolute nonsense, saying the tv are in the way, then the tv say they aren't in the way, then saying the fighters are ducking, then saying the promoters are being too protective, then coming out and saying they aren't too protected, then sending a contract that isn't a contract, then sending an actual contract, not getting a response back, then saying they didn't send a contract anyways and it was all fake, then spending another 2 years talking rubbish to each other, then finally signing when there is no interest left..

Whyte-Parker shows CLEARLY that Eddie Hearn does the best for his fighters. 48 hours that took to sign. It is obvious that Wilder's side are the ones who are scared, this fight could have been negotiated within a week or two of talk, MAXIMUM. Instead we have Wilder talking absolute garbage for 2,3 months for no reason whatsoever. It's pathetic from their side. Povetkin wants to get deals done quickly, Klitschko wants to get deals done quickly, Whyte wants to get deals done quickly. Wilder wants to use AJ to get more money by other means instead of just fighting the guy...

11. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    It’s simple

As Wilder accepted the last contract offer.

Now Hearn needs to insert some ridiculous conditions or demands to make Wilder reject the final contract.

Hearn just doesn’t deep down trust that AJ will come through against Wilder, even with Home judges and Home advantage.

How sad.

12. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Just seen the video. October November? Povetkin mandatory. Eddie definitely don't sound confident. I hope Joshua's aware of his shady promoters dealings, with the Russians. lol

13. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Why has the window gone?

14. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Canelo v GGG means AJ v Wilder in September doesn't work for US TV.

superstarstu likes this.
  15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Am i right in thinking that if AJ doesn't face Povetkin next the mando will get officially called meaning they could go to purse?