Hearn responds to Criticism - "Are you doing anything?" - AJ V FURY 1

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    AJ has consistently defended his titles against the best contenders in the division, its easy to belittle Parker and Povektin for more recent events but at the time Parker was WBO champion and unbeaten and Povetkin had only been beaten by Klitschko and was top 5.

This story of Fury going to Germany and the USA makes me laugh, your acting like he had a choice? Fury doesn't sell tickets and in both of those fights he was the challenger, he had no choice but to go to their backyard. Fair play he exceeded expectations and cemented his status as elite but let's not make out like he chose to go there as a show of bravery.

As for rematch clauses for Whyte vs Povetkin, I can't say I blame Hearn. He is looking out for his fighters best interests. Too many fighters over the years have been f*cked over by promoters where as he seems to look after their interests plus nobody made Povetkin sign that contract.

The Clan and Brixton Bomber like this.
  2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Tyson has never defend the belts, ever.

N17 likes this.
  3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Good post.

Boxing Gloves and Skyver like this.
  4. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    We do know what priorities he had after this fight and this wasn't about boxing.
    I'm forgiving and will not bring up things of course.

I also do know how eddie loves to pick up for his fighters over the hill opponents.
    In all levels, not only highest level and how seriously he values his clauses.
    I never will accuse any fighter to be duck if he will refuse to fight eddie fighter in his backyard under his clauses.
    He is worse than uncle bob or uncle don if you are on B side.

Belts are for noobs, fights are to earn money.

Any fighter refusing to fight eddie kid deserves my respect more than if he had beated up eddie kid cold.

eddie is worse than bob or don.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    100% fact.

But would you rather have beaten WK at the top of his reign and beaten Wilder and taken his 0 in the US or had AJ's defences?

It's a interesting question, 2 great wins or a run of defences with a defeat in there?

6. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    WK was over the hill even before fight vs Pulev, not alone Fury.
    Everyone with brains did had saw this.

He decisioned lethargic over the hill old Wlad. I will lurk again how old he was then.
    From point of sport this is not high win.

Technically yeah, Wlad then still had a lot of belts. This is reason why there no options not to fight vs very old for boxing Wlad.

Realisitic thing: fight was in Germany and it is not easy to get win on cards in Germany unless you aren't living in Germany for long time.
    At least to sell a lot of tickets.:D
    Germany is famous since Ottke times.:bump.

7. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    BTW recently Germany had a bit improved and since this fight had scored some fights properly despite in some cases this was tickets seller and A side guy.

8. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Defended the lineal 6 times

9. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    My condolences to anyone who has watched a youtube video featuring Eddie Hearn and expected to glean real information about the goings on of the world of boxing. RIP

10. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    any of you seen the video Fury has just posted?

Some of you are going to be eating your words. No surprise really.

JDub likes this.
  11. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    A man can cry all he wants about what he is worth, but if people aren't willing to spend that money, maybe the worth is misplaced.

UK PPV prices are what they are. Don't be salty just because you pay 3 times as much and we get them at a much reduced rate (LOL)