Hearn says he’s in talks with Khan & Brook

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by merseyjay, Jan 5, 2021.

1. merseyjay

merseyjay New Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2020
    It’s years too late for me but without a crowd no doubt it’s going to be PPV as it’s just a cash cow for two finished fighters

would you buy it ?

zulander likes this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Two stale puddings on the menu at a bargain price of £29.99 - the mugths will be out in force once Eh Day begins selling the fight.

Would I buy it - sorry it clashes with my Angling Club duties on Saturday evenings.

3. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Khan finally wants this fight after seeing Brook is dead at the weight !!

zulander, Furey, moog and 2 others like this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    good Saturday fight night match.

5. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Hearn best promoter in the world

aaaaa and merseyjay like this.
  6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I suspect Hearn has been instructed by Sky to get on with making PPVs despite the current situation in the country.

If this happens on PPV then it’s a bit of farce at this stage.

7. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I had a feeling this might be the eventual outcome of Brook vs Crawford.

It would be beyond a joke if this fight gets made now, with no fans, and both fighters not just shot but shot to pieces, Khan semi retired, and both coming off embarrassing one sided loses to the same fighter!

In a strange way I would like to see how Eddie will try and 'spin' this one, it's so absurd would be funny to see the build up.

No way would I pay to see the fight though. I am not totally against PPV, it has a place for sure but this is shameful if it happens.

8. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Lost all of its lustre since the crawford fight.

card needs to be stacked with 50/50 fights if they want it to be ppv otherwise it will bomb big time

9. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Basically this.

But I have to admit I would still follow all of the build-up and watch the fight at the Angling Club, purely for the novelty factor.

The one thing going for it is that it differs from most over-the-hill final pay day sort of fights, in the sense that both men would absolutely hate to lose. It would be rubbish if it was a draw.

10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I can already hear Eh Day Hearn - 'the fight we all want to see, a pure 50/50 grudge fight between 2 former World Champions with the winner going on to target a World Title Fight'.

DJN16, rezzer, Inglis_1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    That's why Hearn has never publicly rubbished or given up on the two fighters because he knows he might have to promote them both in a fight together one day. He's done the same with Eubank Jr. He's vocal against Sr but never against Jr.

I'd stream Khan v Brook definitely. Its a fun fight. The build up would be good. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

12. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    That’s it I think. Utter desperation to find as many PPVs where they can. One benefit as long as boxing is on hold over here is that it should limit the amount of PPVs in the next couple of months at least. Unless Hearn sets up a ‘Fight Island’ style setup in the Emirates or Saudi.

I Shot JR likes this.
  13. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Won’t be in the pandemic as it needs a gate to work. But Ofcourse it’s a cash in.
    Would likely do 250k PPV buys so why wouldn’t they all do it. Both known to casual fans

They would need a cracking undercard to make it work. Use it to build some fighters profiles.

14. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    on that saturday as a one off could i give you 20 quid to turn up and watch you fish instead
    rekon you could ppv it with kell fishing again
    means more imo

15. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I don't reckon so. I don't think that most of the casuals (I'd say I'm a semi-casual) care about the undercard, unfortunately. An amazing Hearn undercard would be to wheel out Chisora to fight basically anybody, Babic to square off against some random and a woman's bout. He'd sell that as an incredible undercard and people would buy into it.

The reality is the undercard would probably be a lot worse than what I've suggested and most casuals still wouldn't really care. It's right what people are saying a lot on the forum right now "all for the price of a dominoes".

chrisfinch likes this.