Hearn says Wilder may get 50-50 split

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Luizio, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Fury and Ortiz are better than anyone Joshua has faced.

Name one Joshua opponent you'd take over them right now? Honestly? (Last chance to prove you're not a troll.)

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Actually when a complete stranger looks at the information they will likely reach the conclusion that Wilder is mentally challenged to not accept the deals from Joshua given Joshua is bringing more to the table.

And the FACT that Wilder rejected well over 100 million dollar contract, despitre previous earning of 2.5 million. My momma would slap me for declning a job offer that pays, 40 times more.

Hell I would slap myself, actually I wouldn't because I wouldn't have declined it at 40 times more than what I currently make....

"Oh but Wilder is smart, he can do better"

RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTT. Okay......

3. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    So wait according to you Wilder was offered MORE than Joshua to fight on that network and still said no?

If it walks like Wilder and shout Bombsquad when he's offered the lions share of a massive fight for the sport then its probably a duck.

Gymbot and Aydamn like this.
  4. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    What exactly makes Ortiz so good? I don't get it? I really don't.

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    What a load of BS, you do realise Haymon tried to make Wilder/Martin first to unify the belts but the WBC said no.

So to accuse Joshua of fighting Martin to duck Wilder is laughable when it was Wilder who was trying to fight Martin first instead of Joshua.

Aydamn likes this.
  6. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    I said Joshua could've fought Wilder in 2016 if he didn't go after Charles Martin, and that's your response?

There are seven stages of grief. You seem to be in the anger and denial stages simultaneously.

You've been wrong about Wilder the whole time.

Joshua avoided a fight with Wilder when Joshua was the WBC #2 contender. Joshua went after an easier belt to win knowing he'd lose his WBC rating and it would be harder to make a fight with Wilder. Joshua left Showtime and signed a deal with DAZN knowing it would be harder to make the Wilder fight.

Joshua has done everything to avoid a fight with Wilder with the exception of having a sex change and calling out Clarissa Shields.

On that bit of humor, I'm going to go. You guys obviously still have a ways to go before you the Joshua KoolAid leaves your system.

7. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Whyte get's stick for decling one offer.

Wilder has rejected:
    • 60/40 from Joshua
    • 100+ million dollars from DAZN
    • 12 Million from Whyte

Instead he is happy with the chump change he has been making for his entire 10 year career. He is 34 now, when does he intend to start being a prize fighter?

8. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    We're still yet to see how good this version of Fury is. It might be how Tyson said and he was cherry picking Wilder due to him not being as good as people like you think he is.

And whilst Fury may then be the best name on Joshua's resume if they fought it would only help his case if he won. Wilder didn't. He drew and most people thought that was a disgrace with Fury doing more than enough to win comfortably.

I think Povetkin vs Ortiz is a pick em fight.

And I think you're a troll tbh Mr. Chin. Either that or you have seriously warped views of reality. Either way your accusation of me trolling you is hilarious but i prob shouldn't be surprised. You're just looking to the wilder handbook for how to get out of an awkward situation.

Aydamn likes this.
  9. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    How would Wilder knocking off Martin have delayed a Wilder fight with his #2 contender Joshua? It wouldn't. They just would've been fighting for two belts instead of one.

By Joshua paying off Martin, all he did was remove himself from the WBC ratings, which made the fight harder to make. And then he left Showtime, which made it even more difficult to make.

You know this is true.

10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah maybe you should go rewatch some Wilder classics, maybe do some brain training games too, it helps.

I am not angry or in denial, there's nothing I can say to change the fact that Joshua is a 4 belt title holder, and Olympic Gold champion.

Weldone to AJ. I am happy for him, you should be more happy.

11. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    I'm not a troll. I'm just stating facts. I'm not saying surveys are FAKED or any bull like that.

I've been following boxing since the 1970s. I love the heavyweight division. I enjoy watching all these guys fight.

But the guy who avoided the Wilder-Joshua fight is not Wilder.

Look at Joshua's actions. He could've fought Wilder in 2016. The WBC was doing everything it could to make it happen (even to the point of getting ripped in the press for rating Joshua so highly). The network (Showtime) was promoting BOTH guys. Wilder was fighting one-offs on various national networks and drawing solid ratings. It was all building to a Wilder-Joshua PPV.

Then Joshua went after Charles Martin ... which threw a big wrench in the plans ... and when Showtime was still working to make the fight by televising Joshua's title defenses in the US ... Joshua left Showtime.

People blaming all this on Wilder are high.

Wilder didn't GO ANYWHERE. Joshua bolted. And Fury had a guaranteed rematch, asked for a little more time to make the deal, and then bolted, too.

It's clear as day.

IF you feel stating facts is "trolling" ... then maybe you should take a second look at what you perceive to be true.

You guys just seem to be too invested in a particular fighter to see what's going on right in front of you, or you just choose to ignore it.

Gotta go.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Wilder doesn't want the fight, he simply doesn't, I haven't even bothered hammering the Wilder fans recently, completely pointless, they are bias, blinded by their hatred of all things AJ and Hearn and are so hypocritical it's actually funny.

When you're offered 100 million for 3 fights and one of those fights is Breazeale and you turn it down.. it's not even a debate any longer, you don't want the fight.

And I'm OK with it, I won't slaughter Wilder for it or his fans, it is what it is, it is his life, his choice, his career but don't come on here and tell me Wilder wants the fight because you are either a troll, braindead or so bias you need a break.

Tankatron and Aydamn like this.
  13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Joshua fought Martin in his 16th Professional Fight.. 16th

After Wilder won the WBC title (33-0) his team were asked if he planned to unify against Klitschko any time soon.. the response was this from Finkel..

“Look, (Wilder) is a baby winning the title. It was his first title fight, they'll be a time for unification, they'll be a time for all those things, he could go and Povetkin (the No. 2 contender) in Russia and make $10 million,” Finkel said to the Tuscaloosa News. “It's not the right thing yet. Give him a couple of fights, maybe bring something back to Alabama. Let him develop just like any other athlete. They don't take someone who is a great college prospect and throw him right in. And this kid is a great prospect.”

Apparently Wilder was a "baby" and wouldn't be rushed after 33 professional fights but you want to dig out AJ for fighting Charles Martin in his 16th fight for a world title, AJ fought Klitschko in his 19th fight, something Wilder wouldn't do after 33 fights.

So.. to say AJ "avoided" Wilder after AJ had 15 fights and Wilder had over double the amount of professional fights is a real stretch.

Gymbot, sid, Tankatron and 1 other person like this.
  14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    A heck of a lot more than your man Wilder in half the fights.

15. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014

Why don't you just do the one thing that I asked you earlier and explain to us all what YOU beleive it will take to make the fight between AJ and Wilder......NOW. What concessions do you beleive AJ needs to make to get this fight over the line. MUST AJ fight Wilder in the states? Should AJ give Wilder the majority split? Should AJ walk over hot coals to get on bended knee and beg Wilder? Just please, once again.....ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION.....!!!!!!