Hearn vs warren

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Plaza, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Injin Chi

Injin Chi Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2013
    You cannot be serious about the matchmaking.

If you're meaning the top of the bill and the chief support then I'm with you but the rest of the bill, with the exception of Chantalle Cameron was woeful.
    Went for a pish before the start of the heavy weight scrap and it was over by the time I finished three shakes ffs.

2. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Mainly the top of the bill and chief support I should have said in fairness.

Injin Chi likes this.
  3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I honestly cannot imagine giving a **** about that

It ought to be based on having the better fights, not the least empty seats.

4. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Warren has not closed the gap since the BT deal imho. He has more resources but is still ****ing it up.

Warren is a shot promoter, he should be in the background and someone young should be the face of queensbury/boxnation/bt. George Warren should be the guy in front of the camera.

5. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Can you add some detail as to why you think he is fcuking things up?

6. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    I think warren has made headway this year. The fact he secured the Canelo GGG fight for starters, the smith vs Williams fights have been good hype. I never said warren had out done hearn has just think he has closed the gap (that being a big gap) you also have 2 world champions who have jumped across... I just think this year I have been disappointed by some of the cards, Cordina and Kelly are two of the best prospects but I think there getting lost in the huge stable of match room

PaddyGarcia likes this.
  7. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Bang on mate, I like Eddie hearn and enjoy what he brings to boxing but he is living under the AJ halo. Frampton not interested Selby and degale switch groves moves away, its because there all top fighters and not given the time by match room. This sums up what I mean about Eddie not having the best year. The klit fight was quality but you can't have your jewel fight for the year with a 40+ year old man who has been out the ring for 2 years

8. BigCal94

BigCal94 Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    There's no debate in this post what so ever, it's literally just Boxnation/Frank Warren bias...
    Breaking down your points;

He secured Canelo v GGG because Matchroom decided to go in hard for Mayweather McGregor, take a look at the PPV numbers and money generated see who made the better choice.

Smith v Williams promotion was beyond horrific, after a controversial fight last time it should have been forced down everyones throat, I completely forgot it was on until IFL uploaded fight week stuff, the majority on this forum in various threads have acknowledged that it was poorly promoted, i'd be interested to know where you saw this hype?

James Degale has gone across on a 1 fight deal because Hearn wouldn't pay him big bucks, he'll be back at Matchroom the second there's a big fight or money on the table.
    Selby will be on BT for the next year because of the Frampton and Warrington possible fights. I'm actually surprised based on you're post that you haven't mentioned Frampton because that is a genuine big coup for BT and Frank and they did beat Hearn to him.

The last point is absolutely ridiculous! They both turned pro in April, what are you expecting!?
    Cordina has fought on 3 PPV cards! Josh Kelly has fought 4 guys with winning records and is being plastered everywhere, look at social media, look at the JD sponsorship, he's beginning his push in to what Matchroom believe will be a big star!
    Walk down a street and ask the casual fan who Josh Kelly is, then ask the same question about Anthony Yarde. Crazy.

Scyson likes this.
  9. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    couldn't of summed it up better...

BT did well getting Frampton and the whole NI scene looks as if it has potential for them, but its a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things.

Selby is a good fighter but he is only slightly more known that flanagan and that's saying something. He is also right to be with Warren now he has Frampton and Warrington.

and exactly DeGale made it clear in the IFL interview at the presser that he will be back with Eddie as soon as Eddie blinks in his direction.

BT/Boxnation is a long project or it should be because they are not going to change anything overnight. I think Warren and his promotion is all abit tired to be honest but things do look better for him than a year or so ago.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    BigCal94 likes this.
  10. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Not sure the Canelo v GGG fight was that much of a big deal. Sky had a choice. Canelo v GGG or Mayweather v Mcgregor.

The PPV numbers say Sky made the right decision.

11. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    It was more both Promoters of the event Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy insist UK is a High Piority market and a PPV Market.That is why it took so long for Sky to be confirmed as the Broadcaster for May-MCG.Along with the US both the UK and Us bring in 90% of the TV Revenue.So imagine if Sky had two PPV's in less than two months people would have lost the plot.Also Canelo and GGG not massively known here to the casuals.I also think BT not Boxnation really wanted the Mayweather fight as they produced a Conor Mcgregor Documentery on Youtube which exceeded 1million Views makes me think they tried to show they would generate big numbers as it was long before Sky were Confirmed.

12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    The Mayweather - Connor thing was a weird one off situation. In reality it is nothing to do with Hearn anyway so shouldn’t really be in this debate. Yes, it did great numbers but you could see sky where petrified about the event fearing it would be even more of a farce then it turned out to be and do damage to ppv. They where almost forced into buying it though as they are by far and away the PPV market leader. They got away with it

Plaza likes this.
  13. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    They weren't forced to,Mayweather is a huge draw in these shores coupled with the fact Mcgregor is from Ireland which Sky serve to it made sense to go for it.Sky are the Market Leaders in the UK,but slowly Boxnation/BT will pose more theats in the future along with Itv.

14. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Well he should as from what Hearn as said before his exclusive contract means he has a say on what international fights Sky broadcast.

15. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    Yeah, from my understanding he is part of the process he will recommend what is and isn’t shown both ppv’s and what they buy in.

He also is involved in some of the negotiations on how much they pay for rights etc as was the case with the fury WK fight... although that could be me believing too much Eddie Hearn bs.

Dragon Punch likes this.