Hearn: Wilder is making 15mil for the Fury fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Aug 9, 2018.

1. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Assuming this is legit and the fight goes ahead, then this changes the negotiations massively. Wilder would be big over here - he's already way more known than Hearn likes to pretend, mind you. So the fight with AJ is worth more but *if* Wilder beats Fury then he can command a Hell of a lot more than he could before.

2. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Whilst all this Wilder/AJ/Hearn talk is really irritating and leeching this site. If Wilder beat Fury he would then also be the Lineal HW Champ and it would further boost his U.K. reputation.

So he would definitely get 50/50 which is massively up from a flat 15million.

3. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well not really, because Fury retired on Twitter and thus he relinquished any claim to the lineal crown.

4. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Also assuming that Wilder actually wins over Fury. :smile:

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Of course, that'd be absolutely huge if Fury won. I don't think he does at this stage but let's see how he looks against Pianeta

6. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    If Fury wins wow, that would be a massive massive win. Funnily enough Fury is favourite with the UK bookies in regards to the pre-fight odds. I’m gunna betting on Wilder by KO so I’m quite happy if the bookies price him as the favourite.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    PaddyGarcia likes this.
  7. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    This content is protected

8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Wilder vs Fury is Hearn's worst nightmare. One of them will lose and their stock will fall. Considering Wilder and Fury are the two fights Matchroom have rightly identified as their employee's two biggest money spinners, the winner will become more expensive to match with Joshua and the loser will become a less profitable.

KiwiMan, Robney and minemax like this.
  9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    $15M for fighting current Fury? That's jackpot money if true.
    Also with $7M Fury is getting paid more as for the Wlad championship fight.

jmashyaka likes this.
  10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Sounds like too much in my opinion, but if it's true, and Wilder wins, he's gonna be rolling round in money by the time he's done with Joshua.

Nah beating a 2 year layoff in tyson is not so much to shout about.

11. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    It is when the bookies are making favourite and you have several fans thinking it’s a close fight, quite a few people don’t even think Wilder is serious about fighting Fury. If Wilder wins he gets credit from me and if Fury wins, He is the best HW on the planet.

12. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Why do some boxing fans treat fury as a god? This has become ridiculous... Fury is not exempt from the trials of taking 2 years out of training, and not to mention the mental health issues he's had.

Fury looked unspectacular against a 6 foot nobody in his last fight, and was distracted by looking out the ring for half a round at some crowd drama.

Wilder has been active, training, he's peaked. Where you get your confidence from is beyond me.

When people mention Fury i just remember the time he punched himself, in a professional match LOOOOOOOOL THERE'S YOUR BOXING GOD

13. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Exactly.

Actually the reason Eddie is saying that Wilder makes $15 million from this fight is to try to get Wilder to demand more money until the fight falls apart! I did the maths the other day and at a 2/3 - 1/3 split I think the purses will "only" be $10-12 million / $5-6 million, not $15 / 7 M - still good business from Wilder's point of view.

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  14. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I think people like to think of what if. Let me tell you I am Wilder fan but I think the Tyson fury that beat Klitischko would outpoint Wilder. However that Fury is gone and will never come back, his style is dependant on his footwork and handspeed being sharp. Whilst he looks good on the pads can he do it for 12 hard rounds after a two year lay off and destroying his body, I don’t think so.

Aydamn and KiwiMan like this.
  15. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    I agree. I hope Fury can get back to 100%, but I very much doubt it.

jmashyaka likes this.