Hearn: Wilder is making 15mil for the Fury fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Aug 9, 2018.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    If this performs well on US PPV (300k+) no way it makes financial sense to have the fight in the UK

2. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Excellent business, the way I see is if Wilder clears anything above 8 mil that’s a success because he is getting a big fight against a top fighter who is not fully sharp imo. If he wins this, the Whyte fight is there or even that Chisora fight, Parker, Ortiz and obviously the big one with Aj.

KiwiMan and Aydamn like this.
  3. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I don’t agree bro, the UK is the hub for big HW fights at the moment. If Whyte vs Parker could do good numbers with no belt on the line then Wilder will do great numbers if he is matched with Whyte or AJ.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    AJ Wilder still does 1mil UK PPV even if it's at 4am. Makes more sense to get the US PPV on top.

Saintpat likes this.
  5. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    No way is that right? HAHAHAHA what a joke, thats chicken feed, crack money. How has he even managed to lowball himself???

6. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Except you forgot a 100Million dollar fight if Wilder wins...he's fighting Fury for a assumed 15 million with a gamble of losing and not seeing anything....how is this smart?

you even posted a thread telling everyone Joshua didn't sign the contract and the explanation was giving in the same video you posted ?:eek:

7. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Lol what? That's like saying how is it smart to box someone if your gonna lose, you might aswell stay home that's smart.

It's smart because Tyson has a lot of ring rust, and he brings in a lot of money compared to other bums. Wilder is banking that he beats Fury, and Fury is banking on making cash either way, and he's so cocky that he truly believes he can win.

jmashyaka likes this.
  8. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Well you gotta gamble, if he wins which I expect he will he goes into the 100m fight with a lot more leverage.

The explanation was strange, Eddie said he was sending a contract with AJ having signed his part but really it wasn’t.

9. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Lol that’s what boxing is about making smart gambles.

10. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2018
    I had overlooked the site fee. I wonder how large of a fee they might get.