Hearns KO'd Duran yet Duran is considered greater, Mayweather UD Pac, Pac considered greater

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    U clearly make yourself look bad when u speak not what u know of. Every boxing fan knows Pretty Boy Floyd version of Mayweather was very offensive mind from 130 to 140.

2. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Dude he went backwards in almost every single fight against any top level fighter. He fought off the backfoot the entire time. Now against some 14-23 scrub at 130 pounds he may have went forward the whole fight, but not against a world title level guy.

christpuncher likes this.
  3. Alo2006

Jun 28, 2006
    False! He went at Hernandez for his first title. Then Manfredy for his second title. Went Corrales who was the KO king and underfeated at that time. That's just a few to name at lower weights. Also, u do know u can be offensive fighting off the back foot. That clearly means u are in counter mode.

4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    No he waited he countered. You don't remember Floyd Sr. saying wait Floyd, 7th, 8th round he will be ready.

5. Alo2006

Jun 28, 2006
    Dude! He dropped Corrales like 5 times before they stopped the fight, but he wasn't offensive? LOL I guess he TKO'ed him defensively lol I rest my case. Court ajourned.

6. christpuncher

christpuncher Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    Prime for prime Mayhugger loses against all the great fighters of the past around his weight classes
    He loses to Duran, Armstrong, Ortiz, Whitaker, Williams, Gans, Arguello, Ray Leonard, Benny Leonard, Hearns, Benitez, Cervantes, Napoles, Rodrigues and everyone else in their primes.
    He is KO'd by most of them as well

7. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Floyd never struggled at any weight either.

When Floyd was 16, Im sure he was weighing down around there too.

8. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    As a matter of fact, Mayweather won the 1993 Golden Gloves at 106, when he was 15/16

Incinerate and bailey like this.
  9. FinitoxDinamita

FinitoxDinamita Member banned Full Member

Jan 14, 2019
    That’s your opinion and must be respected but most fans would disagree with you.

There is no doubt that Duran is much more accomplished. Duran is known around the world for this reason. Hearns not so much.

christpuncher and this_and_that like this.
  10. this_and_that

this_and_that Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Mayweather wouldn't have just lost to Hearns, SRL and Duran, he would probably suffer a KD or two, if not a KO (especially against Hearns).
    He was a far more offensive fighter during his younger (and lighter) years, that aggression could cost him some flash KD's.

11. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Im very against cheating also.
    What has actually been proven?
    The issue I find with boxing is that so many things never seem to be black or white and very clear and there always seems to be an allegation somewhere.
    Do you have a link that shows any corruption and not just a persons opinion?

12. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    If you dont mind me asking Tin, but which better wins do you feel Pacquiao has that are better than some of Mayweathers or do you rate some of Pacquiaos wins higher because of him coming up in weight so much?
    What is the Pacquiao win that he has that you rate above any of Floyds?

13. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    A few of you have chilling accounts of how Floyd fought and his style. Many of the biased opinions are because you like offensive fighters. The Mayvinci code was never cracked. Call him a runner or hugger etc etc. Floyd threw and landed enough punches to win all of his fights and left himself open to counters that nobody was able to capitalize on. His hardest fights imo were against Jesus Chavez, DeMarcus Corley regardless of the score, Dlh, Maidana1, and Cotto. If he was able to get away with running and hugging for the rest of his fights, who fault was that? Clinching is a part of boxing. If you don't like that rule go watch MMA or bare knuckle boxing.

14. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Why this fight was stopped, l have no idea why to this day. This is how you beat Floyd imo. And even then this wasn't good enough, so I don't know how anyone could've beaten Floyd. I love this fight and still watch it every couple of days. Jesus Chavez was fearless. Swelled Floyd's eye, cut him. Who else did that to Floyd? To beat Floyd who was fearless himself you had to come forward the whole fight. You had to fearless cutting off the ring and throw punches in bunches. And you have to be able to take Floyd's shots. Just watch Chavez and see if anyone else fought him this way. Castillo didn't even do this.

This content is protected

Pimp C likes this.
  15. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Read Thomas Hausers report on Floyd & his 750 ml of saline

Ironmanmt likes this.