Hearns KO'd Duran yet Duran is considered greater, Mayweather UD Pac, Pac considered greater

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    STFU! Margo had the life beaten out of him by Mosley and his loaded wrops taken from him. He was not in the best shape of his life, just like you claimed Broner who had his soul taken by Maidana years earlier was not in the best shape of his life against Pac either.

Str8ryte and George Crowcroft like this.
  2. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    So we agree on the gameplan part. But disagree on it's significance.
    If you have a reach advantage, or any advantage for that matter, and someone takes it away; it's then up to you to adapt.
    Vice versa also applies, of course.

A boxer has to be able to adapt. There should not be a set strategy. A height advantage is essentially the same as fighting someone with a better understanding of the jab.
    In every fight, someone has an advantage, if not multiple. And as we know, every advantage comes with it's own disadvantages. Nothing in boxing is set.

For instance. Manny always fights with a reach disadvantage. Yet his lead hand is often superior to that of his opponent. He has made the adjustments and most importantly: he has the experience!

I often have the better leverage on the inside. While someone who has 20+lbs on me(happens often) might find it easier to push me around, they also find that I have the superior inside angles.

3. TheMotorCityCobra

TheMotorCityCobra Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Hearns better than Duran and Floyd better than PAC. Head to head is by far the most important factor. But, Tommy starches every one of them at WW.

4. cslb

cslb Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    75-80%? lol I didn't know you could count that high, C.J. Please cite one of these expert polls that ranks Pac higher than Mayweather.

5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    The poll on this forum for one Now you show me one that rates Mayweather ??

6. cslb

Jan 27, 2014
    lol This forum is loaded with pac nuts and nuts in general like yourself. Sports illustrated had a poll which ranked the boxer pfp after WW2. Mayweather was ranked higher than Pac and that poll was taken before they fought. Pac has moved up through a lot of weight classes which is remarkable. Mayweather has moved up through almost as many weight classes and remained undefeated. That is even more remarkable in my opinion.

KO KIDD, Pimp C and George Crowcroft like this.
  7. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Floyd has NEVER proved himself better than Pac. That "fight" was a blatant railroading.
    Floyd ... Illegal 750 ml of saline for masking purposes
    Xylocaine injections
    State commission refusing to investigate Floyd
    Retroactive TUE issued to cover illegal saline
    Three weeks after the fact
    Obviously juiced to the gills..
    Manny.. Fought injured & in pain as legal painkiller denied
    Denied because he didnt tick right box. Did Floyd ever tick the right box for Xylocaine & saline? NO
    "fight" should have been called a N/C at least & Mayweather suspended

Bofo24 likes this.
  8. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFL You know Mayweather is NOT really undefeated
    C'mon get real

Bofo24 likes this.
  9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    :risas3::risas3:

Your so upset. Get over it. Your boy got beat by the better boxer.

If Mayweather was less of a twat outside of the ring he wouldn't have all these rants made about him

KO KIDD and Pimp C like this.
  10. cslb

Jan 27, 2014
    Last time I looked, his official record had zero losses. I go by "what is" not "what should be" in someone's opinion.

Glass City Cobra, KO KIDD and Pimp C like this.
  11. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    You need to curb your obvious hatred for Antonio just because he exposed your hero for the coward he really is
    Its unhealthy. But never mind your faithful little lackey Georgie has " liked " your post but notice he is the ONLY one ROFL
    He's a twat in & out of the ring couldnt "FIGHT" to save his life

12. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    1. He doesn't have to. He's a boxer
    2. He was a brilliant offensive fighter at SFW and LW

Glass City Cobra and Pimp C like this.
  13. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Margo got beat like a rented mule by Mosley and was exposed for a glove loading cheat. After he was busted for it he never had another win of note. Let that sink in.:deal:

George Crowcroft and cslb like this.
  14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    A forum full of PBF haters and Pac fanbois and alts means something?:risas3::risas3::risas3: Let me know when a formal poll with a panel of writers like the one ESPN and The Ring did has Pac rated better.:deal:

Str8ryte and KO KIDD like this.
  15. Boxcel

Boxcel Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Yes if you have enough skill you can adapt. You're used to boxing taller people but I think you would find that you would have a much easier time fighting shorter people than taller. I've had shorter people give me some trouble on the inside but I also tend to land more shots on them in total than on a skilled taller fighter. I think it's a testament to Pacquiao's skill to be able to do that with a reach disadvantage, and he would even be more effective if he had the reach advantage.

It is subjective, but in my view I will give more p4p credit to fighters who are able to consistently beat taller fighters over a bigger framed fighter who consistently beats up smaller men. When you take away a man's size advantage then they need to rely more on their skill and other attributes. No better way to show that than to fight bigger men.

Badbot likes this.