Hearns v Trinidad At 147lbs 15rds?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mcvey, Dec 3, 2018.

1. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I don't see Hearns coming out to get into a shootout with Trinidad. He is more likely to box him. Trinidad didn't 'start slow' as much as he took his time and, if you pushed him, he could take his time pretty immediately.

mcvey likes this.
  2. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I'd pick Hearns.

Tito would have a real puncher's chance, though.

If they go toe to toe either guy could ko the other.

If Hearns decides to be the Motor City Cobra he wins a UD.

I'll pick Hearns by UD

3. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    At some point a boxing Hearns catches him with a right hand and most likely follows it up.

mcvey likes this.
  4. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Hearns boxes his head off for about 8 rounds , then Trinidad gets sloppy and wiped out.

5. SignTheContract

SignTheContract New Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Hearns might knock Trinidad out cold. Stoppage round 5 maybe 8 if Hearns wants to carry it a little bit. Trinidad would be forever ruined

6. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Hearns jab would b the key, Trinidad unlike most of Hearns opponents wouldn't need to stand tall just to reach Hearns , but his head movement was limited, that would prove to be his undoing against A fighter of Hearns caliber who could win a fight on the jab alone, (ask R.Leonard, W.Benitez) . Hearns would establish his jab, Hearns would respect Trinidad's speed and power and would patiently set up Trinidad. But sooner rather than later Hearns would fake that jab, or immediately follow it with that atomic missile of a right hand catch Trinidad cleanly stops him between the 4th or 7th rd.

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  7. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004