Heavyweight Guido Vianello has signed with Top Rank and will debut on Pedraza/Lomachenko card.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Nov 29, 2018.

How far he will go?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2018.
  1. Title challenger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Contender

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Will lose to heavyweight outside top 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    That says it all. He doesn't do well vs the bigger punchers or pressure fighters. Maybe he can be top 15-40 for a while. I do not see advancement beyond that.

Big? Yes
    Fast? Yes
    Skilled? Yes, on offense and defense.
    A puncher? Not really
    Durability ???

[url]https://www.guidovianello.com/[/url]

2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: The guy hasn't even had a single pro fight yet and the Envious Eugene's and the Jealous John's are already trying to discredit him before he's even got out of the starting gate. WTF?! Why are so many men threatened by good looking guys?

Guido is still a bambino for goodness sake and he could barely even crawl when he fought in the WSB, let alone walk.

He beat AJ's surrogate father Nistor, beat Arjaoui who was robbed against Donkey in the Olympics, dropped Clarke, lost on a cut against the beastly punching Arslanbek, and lost on points to Babanin and Clayton all of whom are 4, 5, or even 6 years older than him. And he's training with a top coach in Abel Sanchez now and he has plenty of time to grow and make improvements. His durability, so far that is, actually looks to be one of his strengths.

CST80 and jauseptt like this.
  3. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Ciao il mio nome è Giudo Vianello

This content is protected

The only other big man who can move like that is The Gypsy King

Speaking of The Gypsy King

CST80 likes this.
  4. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Boxing, Vianello tomorrow at Madison Square Garden for the pro debut

The Roman and the American adventure with Golovkin's coach: "I immediately understood that it is an excellent raw material to work on because it has been able to work without problems for weeks in an isolated place". Tomorrow he fights against

Saturday night he will make his debut as a professional in a sacred boxing place like the Madison Square Garden (actually in the theater inside with a few thousand seats less, a detail), but Guido Vianello, the 24-year-old Roman two meters tall, he is sure of his business. It always has been. Since when he was 15, he chose to let go of his family business, tennis, to put on his gloves. Because in the family they are all lovers of the racket. His father Fabrizio, who created the Team Vianello Tennis Sports Center in the Roman district of Montagnola, is a master; his sister Elena, more than ten years old, arrived at number 480 of the WTA and even the other brother Giacomo was not doing badly. But Guido knew he would not break through and in the endless journeys between the house and the training club he always passed a building where he wrote "Boxe". Intrigued, one day he stopped the scooter, entered, felt the strong smell of the gym, which he liked, and realized he had just met the great love. When the instructor, Italo Mattioli, looked in amazement at the fifteen year old physicist already 1.92m, he ordered him to return to the next day. The rest is history. Elena recounts: "Guido had tried basketball, but he did not like team sports".

GUANTONI - With the gloves, the neophyte Guido ("never seen a boxing macth before then, now I'm a fan of Klitschko") immediately made it clear that he knew how to do it. In six years he qualified for the Rio Olympics, he put the police uniform and in 2020 he would have gone to Tokyo if he had not called an English manager this summer. It was Sam Jones, who takes care of Joe Joyce's career, silver in Rio 2016 in the supermassime: "I noticed him in some matches, I met him and I realized that I had a potential world champion: the balls and the heart of Klitschko and the punch ". He made an offer difficult to refuse. Then, Guido has given up the fixed place and has thrown: contract with the Top Rank of Bob Arum, the way to this American adventure, perhaps a little 'risky, but in good hands, indeed very good: those of Abel Sanchez, the coach of Gennady Golovkin. "I immediately understood that it is an excellent raw material to work on because it has been able to withstand weeks of work in an isolated place without problems. And then it has undisputed qualities, "said Sanchez. In these American weeks (in Northern California), Guido has been wearing gloves with former world champion, Tyson Fury, earning his respect. "He told me that I have the chance to become world champion", reveals the Italian but without any arrogance. He adds: "It's a sport that I love, I never feel fatigue".

EXEMPTION - Saturday night, against a Kentucky boy, Luke Lyons (5 wins and a defeat and a draw), Guido will set the first stone of what everyone is hoping will be the beginning of a promising career. He is tall, handsome, speaks with a well-dressed Italian (he studies Political Sciences) and has the face of the good. "But when I'm inside the ring, I turn myself.On the contrary, they must calm me down ", he stresses. At the legendary Gleason Gym in Brooklyn, where he has been training in these days New Yorkers, they assure that soon they will add another notch to their glorious curriculum: another world champion has been here with us.

CST80 likes this.
  5. Ingles Milkshakes

Ingles Milkshakes New Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2018
  6. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Actually I'm probably one of the straightest guys you could ever meet.

CST80 likes this.
  7. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    He beat Nistor and Babanin who both are big punchers., so he he can deal with punchers. Can see him becoming contender.

8. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Guido just won his pro debut in scintillating fashion scoring a 2nd round KO and he looked a billion lire doing it displaying good speed, movement and big power.

He only took up boxing aged 16 so he's still learning on the job. That said, you never would've guessed it from how accomplished he looked tonight.

CST80 and Boxingfan200 like this.
  9. Stallion

Stallion Son of Rome Full Member

May 6, 2013
    How dare you put up these shameful options for a son of Rome?

All the belts.

Veni vidi vici. :smoking:

10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Now that's what you call a bad boy mask

Interview from earlier this afternoon

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  11. Serge

Jul 21, 2009

12. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    looks solid to be honest nice movement and speed for his size. plus I like his name the gladiator lol best name for a hw.

Dangerwood84 and Serge like this.
  13. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I’ve been waiting for MF DOOM’ return.

velagod and Serge like this.
  14. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah obviously he's still only a bambino and is still raw and has a lot to work on, but I thought he looked pretty impressive and I can see the potential for him to improve a lot too.

Boxingfan200 and Dangerwood84 like this.
  15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: