Heavyweights. Old timers vs modern.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by SmackDaBum, Jan 3, 2017.

Golden era vs modern super hws...

1. Golden era

45.7%
  2. Modern era

54.3%
  1. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    That's just flat out being dumb and talking out of your ass. Jimmy Young would've made Ruiz look like a caveman who never touched a pair of gloves in his life.

2. Dkeir

Dkeir Guest

You were trying to make a point by lying, so I corrected you.

3. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    And the weight you are classed as a Heavyweight is 200 lbs and over...and there are some fat slow Pig's getting around now that do that easy....all of the Heavyweights now days would have been cannon fodder for the likes of Foreman...Ali and Tyson to name a few.!!!

Bonecrusher likes this.
  4. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    I was 4lbs and a Half Inch and an Inch off not bad for off the Top of my Head....Just proved what a loser you are with that post.!!!

5. Dkeir

Dkeir Guest

You need to pay attention and read my comment far more carefully. Jimmy Young was top ten heavyweight for years. He was ranked as the number two contender in 1975.

6. Dkeir

Dkeir Guest

Name calling because you were proven wrong how mature. Unfortunately for you half an inch is the difference between average and small.

7. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    I don't Stalk Google all the time that is my Problem...

8. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    And Andy Ruiz may well have been a titlist now if his fight with Parker had held in somewhere else. He is by all accounts a top10 HW right now.

9. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    You guys mention a few modern heavyweights and claim they can beat the old timers, the only ones I give a good chance are the kilts brothers and Lennox, and that is because they are arguably top 10 heavies of all time. Not scrubs like Jennings fury price wilder and the rest.

andrewa1 and fistsof steel like this.
  10. Dkeir

Dkeir Guest

I'm afraid he is not. You have also made no attempt to bring up a single boxer from the 70s to try and prove my point wrong.

11. Dkeir

Dkeir Guest

I think most people on here know the heights of most heavyweight champions off the top of their heads. They are shown at the start of fights don't you know? You are just mad because you were proven wrong.

12. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    Proven wrong quite a few times in my life and will again....I can live with it can You...

13. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    Yes he is. And Jimmy Young was a perfectly fine example from the 70s to bring up. But if you don't like him as an example, take Jerry Quarry, or Ron Lyle, or Joe Bugner, or Mac Foster. It's beyond silly to suggest Ruiz would have it easy with any of them.

fistsof steel likes this.
  14. Dkeir

Dkeir Guest

Jimmy young as I already pointed out was a top ten heavyweight and number 2 contender in 1975. Ron Lyle, Joe Bugner, Mac Foster and Jerry Quarry were all top ten fighter for many years. You seem to be struggling to find someone outside the top 10 that would beat Ruiz. Funny that.

15. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Funny, the moderns are getting more votes than I would have thought. The thread needs to stay around for awhile to be sure, but maybe more people are accepting that progress happens in boxing?
    On another note, good discussion on the thread for the most part. Even the insults aren't as bad as alot of these threads. Makes a difference when the true trolls don't make an appearance.