Helenius's Chin is GONE!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Zakman, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I don't believe Punch resistance is proportional to the size of a combatant in the same way that power is. I believe there is a significant drop off in resistance as combatants reach the 6 ft 6 250 solid pound mark and beyond, as the human body can only withstand so much...

for example our bone density means that there is an upper ceiling for how big a human can be before our bones can no longer support our weight and physical stresses.

There is a spectrum for power punching and weight classes do exist for a reason, but once you are in the heavyweight division things change a lot more, small heavyweights and giant heavyweights exist, but in any given weight class there can only be SO much variation depending on dehydration and body dimensions.

And once you reach HW, the power increases almost exponentially, but the resistance level tapers off rapidly because humans cannot withstand the forces generated at that weight, as easily as it is to generate the power.

2. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Since my join date, Helenius literally has always been one of the most overrated fighters on here. Seems like a real cool dude. But he never warranted much of the hype or praise he got.

3. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Would you say he’s downgraded to aluminum? Or is it closer to glass on the spectrum? Lol.