Help with my Routine?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by moight, Mar 22, 2017.

1. moight

moight New Member Full Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Hey everyone, looking for a little advice if I could...

I'm 34, and started boxing recently (after many years of other martial arts and fitness activities).

Given my current situation (full-time job + other commitments) I have time for four solid workouts per week. Given my schedule and the class times, I can comfortably get to two sessions at the gym per week; I could get to a third if I re-organised myself but it would be difficult. I'm wondering if its just as good to fill in my other two workouts with running and strength training, or should I make the effort to get to the third class, and then have one day of running and/or strength training? What would be most beneficial?

I'd like to get good at boxing and get into some sparring, but I'm not looking to compete.

Would be grateful for your advice.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    If you aren't looking to compete then do whatever you want.

3. pablinov

pablinov Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Try different variations and see what works for you.

I've experimented with taking 2 boxing classes and a yoga class or two a week, and that was interesting. And I've done jogging for 1-2 hours a couple times a week and 2-3 boxing classes. Each month was different and the variations made things more interesting.

4. moight

moight New Member Full Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Thanks guys, much appreciated. Funnily enough I've just gotten around to trying yoga at my wife's behest....she was right; I did not give it enough credit for hard it can be!!