Henderson vs. Rampage

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by knox-boxer, Jul 1, 2007.

1. knox-boxer

knox-boxer CPL of the VRWC Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    This one of the most interesting matches in the next few months.

Both are solid wreslters with Hendo having the edge in ground and subs. They both have very heavy hands, and Hendo's chin is about as solid as they come.

I've got to give the edge to the first time ever Unified mma champ.

2. elixirvtec

elixirvtec Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Rampage only weakness is the clinch which hendo does not use. I hope rampage takes the win. IBut I think this match could go either way. 50/50. We have already seen rampage **** up some serious wrestlers. We don't see rampage on his back much either. I dont think hendo will be able to take him down and will be force to fight standing up which i think rampage has the edge over hendo.

3. mann187

mann187 WTF is going on? Full Member

May 22, 2007
    Rampage can trade with Hendo because he has a good chin. The accumulation of strikes from Wand and Shogun is what stopped Rampage. Hendo from what I seen has very good wrestling and a good standup game so its going to be tough. But I think Rampage because he is naturally bigger and has similar attributes as well as the hunger to stay champ will win maybe by late stoppage but more likely decision

4. Donut62

Donut62 Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2006
    I really can't see this fight ending. I think it will be a decision, but I'm unsure which way it will go right now. Helluva fight.

5. knox-boxer

Jul 20, 2004
    Randelman had him down a number of times, Wandy, Arona, and Shogun all got him down with realitve ease. Henderson is a better wrestler then all of them.

6. elixirvtec

elixirvtec Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Then you must of not seen the hendo and arona fight. Arona go the better of him on the ground game. Hendo is good but he got beat.

7. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Hendo is still the better wrestler than Arona.

8. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    This isn't wrestling.....this is MMA!
    Can you punch someones head on the ground in wrestling? NAY!

Not to mention Hendo is practically a striker nowadays anyway, he doesn't really utilize his wrestling skills much anymore.

the same with Liddell and his wrestling.

9. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I wasn't saying that, just pointing out that Hendo is a far superior wrestler to Arona.

But you make a good point about Hendo, he should use his wrestling more, he is very good and GnP and can stay out of almost any sub, but in his last 2 fights he used his wrestling brilliantly.

He took down Vitor at will and ground him down the whole fight, then in the Silva fight he mauled him in the second round from top position, and had great takedowns throughout the fight, and it really helped to have two guys who could call them correctly in Trigg and Barnett; Mir is good at properly calling wrestling as far as MMA announcers go too.

10. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005

Hendo has NEVER been KOed, or TKOed, so I'd give Hendo the chin advantage, so don't think Hendo won't trade with Rampage. Plus Hendo is a champ too (2 diff classes), what makes you so sure that Rampage is the more hungry champ?

11. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    I have to go with Henderson, although I feel that he should stay at 185 where he is at his best. I wouldn't be suprised to see Rampage win do to his size.

12. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005

I like Mir he is technical as far as moves and has alot more knowlegde then dumb and dumber (UFC announcers)

13. knox-boxer

Jul 20, 2004
    Actually you can.

Practially a striker? Why cause he choose to stand and trade with Wandy? Watch the welterweight grand prix and tell me he is just a striker now.

Go watch some fights then come and talk to me.

14. hopkinsfan07

hopkinsfan07 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    i think Rampage Jackson will take this one

15. mann187

mann187 WTF is going on? Full Member

May 22, 2007
    I understand your point, I think that Rampage will win because he is naturally bigger and stronger. Hendo can compete with the heavier opponents because of the wrestling skills he posseses. I said stoppage because I think that page will get top position because of his natural strength and GnP his way to a win.

Also Chucks chin was never checked but page put him on his ass with one shot so its not impossible to lose by TKO or KO. And i mentioned the hunger of Page because now he in the limelight and will want to stay there because of the money it brings. Hendo meanwhile has been a champ for longer. Hendo will be up for the fight no doubt but I think Page will win.

P.S. i havent seen much of Hendo but i seen a few fights so judgement based on the few fights i seen