Herbie Hide - Boxing news...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by dwilson, Aug 24, 2007.

1. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Is Herbie British? I always thought he was but he is not listed in the current British ratings for the above mentioned mag.

2. UndisputedUK

UndisputedUK Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Yep, has been British Heavyweight Champion.

3. hide

hide Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2006
    i was also puzzled to find him not ranked as well he has been active

4. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Isn't he Nigerian but British based?

5. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Born in Nigeria but grew up in London, yeah.
    I can't remember it but his real name isn't Herbie Hide, it's something quite long instead.

Don't know why they wouldn't list him in this magazine, though, especially given his sudden European shot.

6. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I always thought he was British of African extraction but was really surprised to not find him in the listing as they are usually quite good. I might try getting in tooch to see what the deal is or if they just forgot to add him.

I know its stupid but i would like to see him in against Enzo in the future providing that he still has something left.

7. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    If Ajose Olusegun is elegible to be listed then surely Herbie Hide is?

8. CANNONBALL

CANNONBALL Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2007
    He's At Cruiser Now

9. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Ajose will soon get his British citizenship and he will add the British title to his WBF Intercontinental, Commonwealth, African and Nigerian titles as well as future WBC titles he will win.

10. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    the wbf intercontinental? :patsch

ajose is far too talented to hold such a worthless title

11. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Nice little interview in boxingnews with him his week. There are some good fighters domestically I would like to see him in against before he gets to world title contention (even if those are held by brits too). Lynes, Morrison and the rest will make good viewing.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    He picked it up in his 7th professional fight some years back. It was not so much the title he was after but taking scalp of the more experienced Martin Holgate who he stopped. I don't think Holgate has fought since Ajose stopped him.

13. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    It'll be a good move for your man.

14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I agree that it would be good to have him in with the other british fighters however please ask the likes of Ted Bami and Colin Lynes why they keep pulling out of scheduled conmtests with Ajose. Lenny Daws promoter made it clear in Boxing News last year after Ajose knocked out Nuumbembee that they are not interested. Barnes was in Nuumbembee corner for Ajose knockout of Nuumbembee and I doubt he will accept especially after what the less gifted Joshua Okine did to him a few years back. I have always thought Barry Morrison might be game buty not sure Tommy Gilmour would allow it. Ajose has to target the winner of the Vivian Harris versus Junior Witter contest. I have a funny feeling that when Ajose becomes a British citizen and is nominated to fight for the British and European titles that Lynes might vacate the titles or retire.

15. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    TBH Olu, one decent win and Ajose won't need to go the British/ Euro route. What is he now? 10th with the WBC..Harris would be a good fight, I've never really rated him.