Here's the double ko from yesterday night..

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Jun 24, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    [yt]FXCTLpAnCLk[/yt]

2. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005
    [yt]-EEq82lmpsY[/yt]

Bundridge Vs Powell

These things happen

3. Tko4

Tko4 Left high kick Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think the No Contest was a good decision. Maynard was clearly out, and Emerson tapped. They both lost.

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    The ref waved off the guy who tapped. He was called unfit to continue first. I think as funny as it is, the guy should have got the W.

The guys head got jolted big time.

5. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Should have been a win for Maynard. The fight was stopped due to Emerson tapping. End of story right there. Nothing beyond that matters. Besides, Maynard was not out cold, he was dazed to hell and his motor skills were gone. You can see that he is trying to make all of the right movements, but he can't control himself. He rolls off of Emerson after he taps, rolls over to sit up, sits up but bends forward, and then the Doc lays him down. I think that he was in one of those conscious states where you are rocked so bad that you know what is going on around you, but you are unable to get your body to respond. Either way, Emerson tapped and Gray was laying an ass whoopin on him.

6. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005
    I think they shoulda gave it to Gray, fuk Hughes won the fukin' title while he was sleeping and didn't even know it.

7. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Maynard deserves the win, and I think and hope it gets turned over to that. He made the other man give up, and as he pointed out his arm was trapped so he couldn't really get up.

8. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    WAHAHAHA WAHAHAHA

man thats truely awful why wasnt he trained to throw him down then just drop him ?

9. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I can't believe Gray wouldn't admit he was out, he was out for a while

10. Tko4

Tko4 Left high kick Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Haha, I love the part where he says, "See, I'm still going right there!" when on the screen he's just laying on the top of his head. Then, "And I know it's over so I just roll over, but I can't get up because of his arm!" while he's laying on the canvas with his eyes rolled back in his head.

Maynard was out. Emerson tapped. The no contest was probably the best decision they've made. And yes, I believe the Hughes' fight back in the day should have been a NC, too. He was unconscious from a choke, and Newton was unconscious from a slam.

11. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    honestly Beebs his arm really wan't trapped and when he moved he fell over the other way anyhow. He wasn't just out for a second he was out for a while, and I think he was acting like an idiot in the interview saying he wasn't out when :scaredas: his eyes were back in his head.

12. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Either way, one guy gave up, the other made him do it, thats a pretty clear cut win in my book.