He's had tons of slander... What if his wraps were legit?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mike_b, Apr 14, 2021.

1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Worst Poster of 2015 Full Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Name all the beatings he took pre wraps scandal? He was beating the **** out of people after the Santos fights with constant pressure and monstrous, heavy handed punching power. After the scandal he still had world class stamina and pressure but his punches were simply ineffective.

Pimp C likes this.
  2. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    He was getting older, but it is suspicious that he suddenly lost his power. He couldn't even get rid of the journeymen he fought afterwards in fights that he won.

I was at Margarito/Cotto I and he was throwing bombs. That was prime Cotto and he broke him down physically. It was a sight to see. Now I get ill just thinking about it. Almost definitely loaded gloves.

Also, Paul Williams was a tough mother ****er. Dude went toe to toe with (probably) loaded gloves Margo and beat him at his own fight.

MURK20, Holler, Mike_b and 1 other person like this.
  3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    no. this is about you saying margo loaded his gloves, for the reasons i outlined, which you are free to do. the reality is not some great mystery, its contained within this very thread, only differences in results are due to feelings or intellect.

4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Well he did get beat down in a one sided fight vs Mosley where he barely landed anything.
    And then he moved up in weight where he only looked good vs Manny.
    But Margarito was never any good at 154.

5. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    the guy had 5 losses before shane, he wasnt some unbeatable monster he is NOW conveniently made to be. He wasnt that face first caveman he was made out to be yesterday, either. he got beat up by an atg fighter, and a couple fights later, got beat up by another one.

6. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Worst Poster of 2015 Full Member

Oct 30, 2011
    You seem overly emotional pal and have yet to refute any of my points. I'm not even really sure what point you're trying to make tbh, only thing I got from any of your posts is that Margarito is innocent and he only lost after getting CAUGHT cheating cause he was old, shot and his feelings were hurt.

MURK20 likes this.
  7. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    yes, im not the least bit surprised thats what you got from it. me being emotional and all. its a pretty repetitive pattern.

8. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    No, I agree, but I just highlighted that he wasn´t anything of note because he moved up in weight. He clearly was a weight bully who used his toughness and grit to win fights.
    Cotto handled him much better in the rematch. Some say Margarito was past it, which is a nice convenient excuse(one I aint buying). Others say Margarito was starting to take over, which I am also not buying.

Mike_b likes this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO Tell Manny Pacquaio that, he'd soon tell you different

10. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Show your proof of loaded gloves in Cintron or any other fight Please or just STFU No one person, not the CSAC , Nazim, nor anyone else prove anything more than at the Mosely debacle Javier Capetillo accidently placed a used pad, which was deemed harmless by the testing lab, instead of a new one. The CSAC reps watched him do it , passed & signed off on the wrap. At the most Capetillo was guilty of was a TECHNICAL offence as a new pad should have been used. To call that "Loading the gloves" is ludicrous. A good honest fighters career was ruined by corruption or incompetance ? You choose I know what I think. The only rule breaker in that fight was Mosely , A proven & self confessed Ped's abuser, was juiced to the gills AGAIN!!! Was he ever tested ?????

robert ungurean likes this.
  11. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    past it and fighting above his weight, at least the weight at which he had success. 2 years, in your 30s, can see you go from the top to the bottom of rankings, especially outside your best weight. in no way does that prove he was loading gloves, and if thats the proof someones reaching for, then thats an indicator of the strength of the argument.

Badbot likes this.
  12. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO I was at Margarito/Cotto 1 too & Tony LEGITIMATELY kicked Cotto's ass I KNOW there were no loaded gloves. Hell Cowardly Cotto couldnt even beat a one eyed Tony in fight2 he had to rely on the NY doc to save him quitting AGAIN!!!!. Fight was carbon copy of fight 1 Tony coming on beating his chest & Cotto wilting. That doc knew from round 2 Tony only had one good eye but didnt think to stop the fight till Cotto started to wilt AGAIN!! He stopped it to save Cotto the embarrassment of quitting on his knees AGAIN!!!!!!!

13. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Watch that fight again Tony was coming on beating his chest at Cotto just like fight1 Cotto was obviously wilting fastAGAIN!! That was when the doc stepped in to save Cowardly quitter Cotto not Tony. The doc knew Tony couldnt see out of that eye from round 2 Why didnt he stop it earlier he didnt seem to be concerned till Tony rallied again?

14. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    You know no such thing. He was throwing bone crunching shots and had Cotto all kinds of busted up. How do you go from stopping prime Cotto plus the other guys prior to that fight to not getting rid of journeymen? I'm not saying it's conclusive, but it's suspicious.

AdamT, destruction and Mike_b like this.
  15. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Suspicion is all thats ever been regarding Antonio. He kicked Cotto's ass
    when he wasnt supposed to have a chance . He busted him up almost as bad in the rematch despite only having sight in one eye from round two. Which that doctor knew about.. but he didnt stop the fight till Cotto started wilting AGAIN!! When there comes a fighter your man isnt good enough to beat find a way to stop him without having to fight him. Thats what they did
    Doc stopped the fight to save Cotto quitting on his knees AGAIN!!