High Fat – High Protein – Low Carb Diet

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Songshadow, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Songshadow

Songshadow Dogged & Relentless Full Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, I read a book. Yes, I actually read a book once. I was doing some weight training, and a lot of heavy lifting. I wouldn’t dare tell you how much because you would never believe me.

Anyway, I was studying many of those high protein, high fat, low carb diets that were so prevalent at the time. (In the 1980s.) It seems that every few years that same old, same old diet acquired a new name, and become all the rage: again! I can remember back as far as people calling it the Atkins Diet. I am pretty sure there are a few more names before that but there you have it. Today I think it is called the Keto.

So, as to drag this story out a little longer, I found this same old high fat: low carb diet in a weight training book but this time it had a twist ending. It included a small amount of carbs on a daily basis, and lots of carb loading on the weekends. My body could only endure one day of carb loading before I had my fill. Most other people could do two.

Well, I wasn’t getting anywhere with that small amount of carbs with my meals during the day. Then I read about this one Guy who saved up all his carb intake calories until night, just before he went to bed. Then he would have them all at once by eating ice cream.

It may sound silly, but that guy was right! I tried his method, and I bulked up rather quickly. I could actually feel a surge of energy flowing into my muscles every night when I ate that ice cream.

My one day a week of Carb loading was uneventful until my body told me I’ve had enough by giving me a strange sinking feeling. So, after that, I went back on my high fat, high protein no carb diet for another six days.

When I compared my growth to the other Guys at the gym who were on steroids, I was way ahead of the game. I was also drinking about a gallon of water a day. I would drink three, or four tall glasses of water with every meal, and that added up to a gallon. I was also eating my ground beef raw.

I cannot remember the name of the book, or where it is now, but I remember the experience. I’ve told you just about all I know about this time in my life because I am 60 years old now, and my memory is not what it used to be.

Songshadow

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019