Highland Boxing: Wulan Tuolehazi vs. Shō Kimura & LeQuan Wang vs. Reymond Potestad Yanong RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 24, 2023.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 10

Kimura picks up where he left off, being a pest and not letting Tuolehazi breathe. Tuolehazi gets in a counter right upper-hook off the rear hip. Kimura didn't see it coming from beneath him but eats it well, and keeps pressing. Tuolehazi clubs down on him with a couple of rights and his supporters egg him on, hoping for some late dramatics here. Kimura with tidy body punching and sharp 1-2s up top. Now some headhunting combos by Tuolehazi, but all smokescreens as he vanishes after throwing. He's spent and can't wait to hit the showers. Kimura throws a straight flurry and is given the octopus treatment. Stern warning for Tuolehazi from the ref. They exchange jabs in center ring. Lots of movement from Tuolehazi, a few steps to either side and changing direction. Kimura jumps in and lands as many body shots as he can until he is clinched again (plus a few after).

10-9 Kimura

97-93 Kimura

pincai and CST80 like this.
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Majority draw, huh? Dunno about that one, chief.

And the crazy thing is 97-93 is a fine score, but not with the red corner (Tuolehazi) getting the 97 and the blue corner 93. That's ass backwards.

I'm not even sure where you find a path to five rounds for Tuolehazi. My card had two rounds flagged close (as in, on another day in a different mood, conceivably maybe they could be shifted) and both were rounds I gave Tuolehazi. Meaning the range here is 99-91 to 97-93 Kimura. I suppose at a push that garbage round eight could be called even but that still makes it 97-94.

One mother****er had seven rounds for Tuolehazi???

pincai and CST80 like this.
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Oh...how "lucky" for him... :sherlock:

JunlongXiFan and CST80 like this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Imagine being his romantic partner?

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Two draws in a row for Kimura, fourth of his career in only 26 bouts. That's a little bananas.

McGrain likes this.
  6. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    No thank you.

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Alright, may as well circle back and do the co-feature now, since it was in my title and everything.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    LeQuan Wang vs. Reymond Potestad Yanong, 10 rounds @ super lightweight

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    There are many things I love about LQW off the bat despite having never seen him fight before.

For starters, look at his jacked little arms contrasting with his completely undefined chest. You know exactly where his gym priorities lie.

Then, why does his given name sound like that of a black American woman (or rather, one that had a syllable or two lopped off)?

Also, his surname, and yes this is extremely immature and probably a bit racially insensitive of me...but, come on. That's delightful. Especially in conjunction with his weird physique. He's a hard, vascular little Wang. You've got to love it. :D

Plenty about Yanong to appreciate too, however. Namely the West Side Story haircut and his ring name being "RoboCop". :thumbsup:

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 1

Yanong is checking Wang's probing southpaw jab with his left palm, and then slashing across with hooks. Both these guys are waiting, cagey, leaned slightly back above the waist as they square off. Body jabs by Wang. Yanong sweeping out long hooks getting Wang to fall aside. HUGE right hand rocking up from the waist by Yanong, catching Wang flush and making him blink. After two minutes that is the deciding punch of the round so far unless Wang turns it around. Wang ...turns it around pretty quickly. :lol: Wang kept unrolling the lazy right jab up high, lulling Yanong in, then unloading hooking combos on the body and face when the distance narrowed, initiating a fiery exchange. Yanong completely opened up and left himself poorly situated with his legs partially crossed as they slugged it out and was caught with a peach of a straight left lead, down and out.

KO1!!

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    "Oh my gosh!!! I cannot believe this happened!"

This commentator really is quite the character.

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006

In fairness, that was a pretty sudden plot twist. I already had "10-9 Yanong" written up in my RBR post and was ready to just bang out another sentence or two and hit submit.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

I had purposely not read the thread or glanced at BoxRec before starting to avoid getting spoiled on the results; I love that we both caught that and transcribed it precisely the same way.

CST80 likes this.
  14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    You know what they say.... great minds.:sisi1

IntentionalButt likes this.
  15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Found the scorecard of the ding-dong (Chalerm Prayadsab) who saw it for Tuolehazi by 97-93:

This content is protected

Prayadsab gave the Chinese fighter rounds 2 (fine), 3 (nope), 4 (sure), 5 (yes), 7 (nope), 8 (eh...), and 12 (absolutely not).

JunlongXiFan likes this.