Highly controversial fights that are forgotten

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I make a fool of myself!!

2. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    I’ve already said that it was hard fought.
    There was no widespread outrage in the boxing world over the decision though.
    That’s a fact.

3. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    It was regional, as in the region of your moms basement, where you live and watched this the other day and suddenly decided it was controversial. The rest of the world agreed that it wasnt.

Fergy likes this.
  4. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013
    You keep saying the English commentators didnt agree with the decision. Thats entirely untrue. I just watched it and not only were they adamant that Eubanks won and said Rocchiggiani just didnt do enough. The main commentator had it 115-113 with a point deduction, right in line with two of the judges, and said Barry McGuigan had a similar card. He only disagreed with the judges card who scored it 118-109. He disagreed with the disparity, not the result. There was zero controversy about Eubank winning that fight. I suggest you brush up on your English.

Cecil likes this.
  5. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013
    I think only one of us understands english here and thats me. The commentators were very clear that they felt Eubank won the decision. The only complaint the uttered was that one card for Eubank was too wide. If you think it was so controversial then publish all of these journalists you keep quoting or shut up. Give us examples.

6. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013

Here I'll do it for you:

This content is protected

At 52:38 the commentator says "I make it 115-113 Eubank. I make it Eubank by two rounds even despite that point deduction, but, uh, its not our cards that matter. I know Barry's (McGuigan) got it scored similar to the way I have..."

It doesnt get any more clear than that. Both commentators had Eubank winning contrary to what you keep saying. Either your english is so bad you didnt understand or youre lying. Which is it?

7. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013
    None of what you wrote remotely counters the fact that you were flat out lying about the British commentators saying Rocchiggiani won. He didnt. Even with a point deduction he lost and there was no controversy despite you trying to make it one.

8. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    McTono!! :lol:

Fergy likes this.
  9. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013
    LOL. What a clown. Why would there be an American/Anglo bias for a black british fighter in Germany in the 1990s when it was famous for some of the most horrendously pro German robberies ever?? You keep saying that EVERYONE who wasnt biased for Eubank thought it was "HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL" then prove it. All youve given so far is YOUR opinion which counts for nothing seeing as how you have consistently proven yourself to be both clueless and nuts. Reproduce all of these expert opinions. Youve tried once, saying the English commentators had Rocchigiani winning and Ive illustrated with concrete evidence that they didnt. You completely made that up. So produce something concrete, beyond your own asinine insane rantings or shut the **** up.

Cecil likes this.
  10. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Eusebio Pedroza should have been DQ'd against Juan Laporte.

Juan Coggi-Eder Gonzalez 1 is arguably the most outrageous robbery ever.

11. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Lazarte also managed to avoid getting DQ'd in his first bout with Solis despite committing nearly every foul in the book, including biting.