Holy ****, Roadman athletic David Price version 2.0 destroys haters on IFL

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    You can always join the Mile High Club and chill out a bit.

2. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Good for Price. Wanted Allen to win but had money on Price.

All for fighters giving a bit back. The stick they get from people sat at home is insane. Even a no name journeyman has my full respect.

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m chuffed to bits for Price. Backed him and happy he did a number not on Allen, but on the system. That’s what Allen represented last night....hype, from his persona, popularity and ultimately ticket selling. Boxing’s not Love Island, it’s not who’s more popular, there’s levels and Price did it the right way, learning his trade in the amateurs and getting a gold medal in commonwealth games and Bronze in the Olympics. He’s got pedigree whereas Allen (as tough as he is) is a social media star. I can’t imagine how much that would irk David Price knowing that the Sky machine and social media world saw him as some kind of stepping stone for Dave Allen. What an absolute joke. So i fully support him sticking the two fingers up to the system.

Well done, Pricey lad!!!!

4. hpsauce91

hpsauce91 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Tbh whilst the abuse didn't help what I really think grated price was that he was an underdog against Allen and quite a large underdog really. Price was 2-1 for ko and something like 16's on points. I think that really motivated him because he is a leveld above Allen

CutThroatFade, gmurphy and Twentyman like this.
  5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I hope people don't misunderstand me, I haven't got a problem with Price having his say, he can whatever he likes, he can call British Boxing fans whatever he likes, it's a free country, he won and if he feels vindicated then fine with me.

What I will say is.. Instead of him saying something like..

"A lot of people have given me stick, nobody is harder on me than me, I understand I haven't lived up to my billing in the past but I've hung in there, took my lumps and bumps, kept trying, I'm British and we never give up, it's in our DNA so I hope British Boxing fans out there appreciate my journey and what I've been through and hopefully get behind me now and I will do all I can to finally live up to that original billing but even if I don't then I promise I'll give everything and go out on my shield"

Then after that win, after that celebration (which was a little off anyway) That may actually have made people look at themselves, look at what's they are saying, how they see him, maybe change their minds, maybe even support him.

Nope, it's "F You" and trying to claim some huge victory inside and outside the ring, He beat Dave Allen FFS, then demands big money and isolates himself from any real affection or support.

And that's fine, his choice, but he can't complain when he gets blitzed again (and it will happen) and British Boxing fans take the pee, mock him, remind him what he said and see him in the same bracket as they see Audley Harrison.. probably worse.

Price can't complain now and I hope he doesn't, because if he can have his say then so can the fans who basically pay his wages.

The market for British Heavyweights is flooded at the moment, Matchroom alone there is Whyte who is now loved my the majority after turning his reputation around, AJ has a huge following and will gain more if he completes a comeback, and you also have Fury has turned it all around and the majority love him, even Chisora (working with Matchroom) who has lost 9 times has gained cult status.

Chisora, Whyte and AJ have all lost, Chisora multiple times and Fury has had his problems and they have all earned their love and respect by what they have done in the ring, by results, performances and even through personality, it has taken time and blood, sweat and tears and they reap rewards for that hard work. They get paid well and understood they were going to get stick when they lost, had problems and they came back stronger and proved it with actions.

I don't remember any of those telling the fans "F You" and trying to rub their faces in a bang average win against a bang average fighter and demanding big money and talking like they are now in the big time.

I really don't think he has done himself any favours whatsoever with that interview, none, I actually think the more people who see and hear that the more will turn on him.

And Hearn didn't seem too sure and on what's next for Price last night in interviews I've seen, of course he will work with Price but when Povetkin was mentioned you could see in Hearns eyes he was thinking "No way can I sell that" because it's unrealistic, it's not a fight anybody will see as competitive.

Price will hopefully realise he didn't come across very well in that interview with the "F You", maybe get another interview with Kugan and walk some of that back, be a little more realistic, understand he will be the "opponent" if he wants bigger fights and maybe some people will let that slide.

If not then don't be surprised if people want to see him battered senseless again and laugh when he is.

6. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Emotions don't work like that. People had a journeyman as favourite over him and it pissed him off. He let it out. Online Twitter trolls are pathetic.

EJC83, Little brian and Tankatron like this.
  7. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Go on Pricey La...

Wonder what life changing money is in Liverpool ? I watched a show the other week where people were buying houses there for £1.

Anyway, good on him, I hope he enjoys his moment in the sun and gets the big money fight he’s asking for as he’s entertained me for all sorts of reasons for years now.

EJC83 likes this.
  8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    If Price gets Dubois next, which is about as much as he can hope for in terms of a 'big' fight, realistically how much would he be getting paid? Especially considering he would be going in there to get badly KO'd.

9. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I think that was a massive release for him, written off, all the the lad bible type ****s giving him stick on social media, probably just just feels massively vindicitted when he was completely written off tonight when he showed he was levels above.

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  10. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Has the interview been taken down now? In terms of boxing ability and physical attributes pricey was always a level above, but it wasnt that that was In question with him, it was his stamina and mental strength. Due to that virtually no one here or other places were calling this a mismatch in prices favour, in fact most were picking Allen. Whilst I don't think there's anything wrong with criticising a fighter constructively, I do find it very tiresome all the bum/joke/quitter/shithouse etc etc when describing a fighters frailties or weaknesses, anyone who's even had a single amateur fight must realise the work someone like price has put into boxing over his lifetime. As someone else said it was a bit sobering when he said his kids were getting **** in school, so anyone whinging about him saying **** off back now needs to have a word with themselves. Seemed like price also was just as pissed off by how he was overlooked by match room, at the rules meeting etc, don't blame him.

Little brian and Tankatron like this.
  11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Hearn wanted to stick Allen in with Povetkin! That would have been very dangerous for his health and extremely negligent.

emallini, Scissors and CutThroatFade like this.
  12. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Eddie would stick Barry in with Povetkin if it would make him a few quid

13. williams7383

williams7383 TKO 6 Klit Lickers Full Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I like Pricey.. I just don't see where he goes domestically.

Fury, AJ, Dillian are leagues above

Del Boy, and Joyce beat him

Dubois smashes him

Hughie the Skirt is the biggest high profile UK fight he has half a chance in.

Looking at Boxrecs listings and ignoring the UK fighters.. Jennings, Stiverne, Charles Martin, Huck, Takam, Helenius are all known to the average UK fan and might be worth a match up on the next AJ undercard.

Scissors likes this.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    He should stop gassing out, getting knocked out or quitting on his stool in front of the whole world then.
    Kids will be kids. They will be cruel and take the mick. It's not something new.
    Parents have a duty not to make a spectacle of themselves or open themselves up to public ridicule. But some do it for the money.
    What I'm saying sounds harsh, but it's true.
    It's the same with every sport. Fans will say harsh things when the players/athletes/fighters don't come up to scratch, especially if they've been hyped. That's part of the ritual of following sport.

15. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Get over it mate. Don't let it spoil your weekend