Holyfield gives some good advice to Joshua for the rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    That shot that sent Ruiz down was pretty damn quick for a big dude. That str8 right was quick as well. Didn't stop him as you stated.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Somali Sanil likes this.
  2. LaidOut

LaidOut Whaaaaat? Full Member

Mar 2, 2009
    AJ's biggest problem is the same as it was for Wlad: he panics when receiving a combination of punches. In my opinion, no amount of training (at least in a six-month span) will fix this. So he'd be wise to become Wlad for the rematch: jab, jab, one-two, repeat. For Ruiz to win: more of the same, with a few more explosive attacks to mess with AJ's psyche.

ipitythefool likes this.
  3. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    You made a good point there, but Wlad's punches at long range were much more powerful. The blob will sulk in those 1 - 2 's , then gobble up that puny bodybuilder! Joshua ain't no long range fighter!

4. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I hope Joshua has had the most physically and mentally gruelling and challenging 6 months sincs the Ruiz fight.

That is the only way he can overcome these hurdles....digging down deep and finding reserves you never knew you had.

5. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    AJ is an excellent on top fighter, just a little resistance though and he starts falling apart. That don't bode well long term, this imo could be one of his last fights, depending on how he is mentally in the rematch, he could be done, the way hes talking hes setting himself up for a major fall, he should not be thinking Ruiz got lucky !

chico g likes this.
  6. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Unforgiven likes this.
  7. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    What Joshua needs to do is be more careful when going for the finish. He was on his way to KO'ing this guy early. All the hindsight experts would have been like "meh, he just beat some fat bum".

8. bowerboy

bowerboy Active Member Full Member

Oct 5, 2012
    “You have to assume AJ will land more combos”? Isn’t that the assumption people made before the first fight and look what happened.

The only reason Ruiz went down was because his feet were together when he got hit with the uppercut. The right hand from Joshua was a much bigger punch (probably the biggest and best AJ has ever hit anyone with) and Ruiz just shrugged it off.

Joshua is mentally destroyed after that last fight...I predict a historic mental meltdown from AJ and an easy night for Ruiz.

9. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Well its round two and that's how he will win ( JOSHUA ) . Ruiz didn't put a stop to it ,Joshua had control of the rounds and dropped him and set him up wehile circling around him dictating the moments and had an opening ...watch the fight agin ( I watched it 30 times at least ,I like to get things RIGHT ) AJ lost the fight more then Ruiz won it .

I'm telling you AJ is going to win and this is a fight I have a target on ,its not guess work otherwise I would tell you that..

@Tramell

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  10. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I OWN you on here ,you must love punishment ? I actually went easy on you after awhile PIN HEAD ,after this fight however lets see if you don't ban yourself to avoid the punishment that usually comers after ( didn't think I know you did that right ...lol)

I already exposed you and your Anti Ruiz thread bf the first fight ,don't worry im sure the Forum with me when AJ wins will remind you what an imbecile you continue to be, funny thing is you THINK you're smart and im telling you you really know little about combat >? Whys that from someone whos been in combat for multiple years ? CHUMP...lol

11. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Holyfield forgot to mention AJ keeping his right glove taped to his right temple since Ruiz nailed him on the right temple with a left hook that AJ never recovered from...