Holyfield wants only to win the WBO belt or wants to unify??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Asterion, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Asterion

Asterion Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2005
    --

If Holyfield defeats Ibragimov..will he retire? Or does he want to unify the belts?

I haven't read any recent interview done to him so I don't know.

2. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
  3. Asterion

Feb 5, 2005

That was what I thought.

How do you know? Any source?

4. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    He wants to be THE man at heavy, once again. And merely having the miminal WBO won't get him very far towards that goal. LOL

So he's obviously got more work to do.

I have read taht he wants to be the undisputed on more than one occasion. I think he's said that repeatedly over the last couple three years.

5. Heavyrighthand

Jan 29, 2005
    I think Holyfield, even at 44, would probably severaly outbox and defeat Golota at 39.

6. Asterion

Feb 5, 2005
    I just read an interview done last year to Holyfield.

He says he wants to be Undisputed once again. It is a dream he has since he lost his belts against Riddick Bowe.

So yeah, he wants to be Undisputed.

[/thread]

7. Marnoff

Marnoff Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 14, 2006
    He wants to rule the Heavyweights. He can do whatever he wants, but if he meets Klitschko... it is going to be a bloodbath... if he lasts long enough for that to happen.

8. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I dont really wanna see him try to unify id rather see him win a world title and retire on top if he wins and tries to unify with Wlad he does get destroyed.

9. the_churn

the_churn Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2005
    With all of the ex-wives, he must have some serious cash flow issues.

10. barneyrub

barneyrub Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2004
    WBO doesnt even come into the undisputed title. Plus traditionally holding the WBO title means you drop out of everyone elses rankngs! Thats why most holders of it at heavyweight vacate it to fighter for another title.

11. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    He wants to be undisputed. While I dont think he'll pull it off I do think Sultan is a winnable fight for him. Sultan is hittable and plods sometimes. Taking alot of shots even from a very faded Evander isnt good for anyone.

12. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I agree, Sultan and Maskaev are the only two that he has a shot at beating, Maskaev will get his official pasting from Peter and I am happy about that because it's long overdue and then Holyfield-Ibragimov could be an upset in the making.

13. andyZOR

andyZOR Obsessed with Boxing banned

Feb 28, 2007
    Wtf? You just had 0 Vcash, how did u get that?!

14. Heavyrighthand

Jan 29, 2005
    Right. Not sure why, but I've also read that you can't have the WBO if you win another title.

But, that won't really matter, cause if Holy wins the WBO, then he fights Wlad, the winner will then be the WBO and IBF champion, regardless of if he's stripped of the WBO, or not.

15. Hawks28

Hawks28 Active Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2005
    IMO Holyfield should retire after the Ibragimov fight, win or lose. Theres just no point in continuing to fight. Unless he looks great and completely dominates the fight, which I dont see happening. And there is no way in hell he will ever be undisputed HW champ.