Hopkins giving it to Bunce on Setanta

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by GazOC, Feb 9, 2008.

1. dan-b

dan-b Guest

Yeah thats weak. If I tried to belittle you for saying you found Calzaghe entertaining you, and loads of Calzaghe fanboys, would be jumping on it so don't be a hypocrite. You might not be a ***** but you're sure behaving like one.:good

2. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    how exactly does that work? being hypocritical because of other peoples actions of which i have no power? what the **** am i the joe calzaghe fan club spokesman?

go ahead, call him boring, i couldn't give two shits chuckles.

3. dan-b

dan-b Guest

No TFFP has that honour.:lol:

Seriously though, why pick out that bit other than to try & belittle me?

4. ThePlugInBabies

Jan 27, 2007
    because i found it amusing as hopkins bores the **** out of me 75% of the time.

posters like TFFP and master calzaghe should be shot on site. either that or banned.

5. dan-b

dan-b Guest

:lol:

Calzaghe is just not really someone I can relate to. He's had a nice cushty life, full support of his family, a promoter who has molly coddled him every step of the way & a nice bauble to defend. This is not his fault, more power to him, but Hopkins is someone I respect whereas Calzaghe is just someone who's talent I admire but nothing more.

6. ThePlugInBabies

Jan 27, 2007
    how exactly do you relate to hopkins? you live in watford, i live 8 miles down the road from you and i can quite happily say it's a fairly cushy middle class town. it's hardly a breeding ground for the likes of hopkins having to struggle to the top.

this is a genuine question by the way and not just me on a wind up.

7. dan-b

dan-b Guest

By no means was I suggesting my life was comparable to his but read the rest of my previous post & make of it what you will. You're an intelligent bloke. Also, I think our definition of middle class may differ.

8. ThePlugInBabies

Jan 27, 2007
    yeah middle class was pushing it a bit, but you get what i'm saying. it's not a big city like a manchester, birmingham or london that has what you could describe as "ghetto" areas.

but yeah i understand the admiration you can have for a guy like hopkins who obviously wasn't that nice a person in his early years but has managed to turn it round and reach the top of the mountain.

9. dan-b

dan-b Guest

Which is why I'll forgive him for the occasional dumb comment. No one's perfect. If people hadn't forgiven me for every dumb thing I'd said I'd probably have no one left in my life. If people had no time for him anyway then I can understand a comment like that exacerbating their feelings, however, I feel most of the people jumping on this know nohting about Hopkins & are judging him entirely on one comment.