Hosea Burton just got hammered

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Sep 26, 2020.

1. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah I saw that, I thought he was celebrating surviving :lol:

Surrix likes this.
  2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    He looked like a man who never wanted to be there tbh now I look back. I think in the 1st 4 I gave him 3 of them but no more after that. And even them early rds, it was just because he was throwing more and the odd jab and maybe 1 or 2 right hands got through. The rest of the fight he just didn't want to engage tbh.
    All his shots were thrown at the gaurd and he was just looking to stay out of the way. Maybe bolotniks got in his head somehow or maybe hosea got k.od in sparin on the last week of training cos somet wasn't right.
    He didn't fight like a man who wanted to get thru to the finals.
    Just shows how you have to be so mentally tough every fight. If somet isn't right upstairs, on one night, it can cost u you're career.

tdf1974 and kojak like this.
  3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    1 week before scheduled 10 round fight hard sparrings aren't done. Too close to fight time.
    I
    Maybe Bolotņiks managed to hurt him early, sometimes guy is hurt but fans just don't see this if the guy continue to fight, is not down etc.

im sparticus likes this.
  4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    The cards were a bit wide for me. But he definitely lost the fight

Arnie likes this.
  5. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I quoted on the RBR thread that he was basically fighting scared.

He looked a shot fighter confidence wise, absolutely no confidence whatsoever with his offence and his punches seemed to lack real snap at times.

velagod and im sparticus like this.
  6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    If ur referring to what I said...I meant the last week of sparin.

7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    He fought like Audley Harrison

you’d think all that sparring with Callum Johnson would’ve set him up nicely for the fight

oops

tdf1974 likes this.
  8. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    kittens in the camp

DavidJames likes this.
  9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Maybe he might get fight vs Ward? They both need to " cover " loss and might agree to fight for low purses cos hope to cover last lost fight asap.

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    The cards were a bit wide but where does Burton go from here? Hope to get the loser of Yarde / Arthur is about all I can think of? He didnt look hungry so may call it a day?

im sparticus likes this.
  11. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Yes unless Johnson has chinned him lol

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  12. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    These Bolotniks fights opponents excuses not only from his fights in MTK tournament looks just casual excuses.
    4 guys in row might make excuses if they wish. How coincidence happened, how bad Bolotņiks is etc. Casual things, nothing new.
    Burton comming on to fight a guy he believes is "league lower" than him.:D
    Despite rankings told another situation: Bolotņiks was ranked higher than Burton in boxrec rankings and also had 2 Nd tier tittles.
    Eurasian Boxing Parliament Light Heavy Title. After 12 rounder vs undefeated prospect.
    World Boxing Organisation European Light Heavy Title After 1 round vs Ward.
    WBO #12 IBF #14, in boxrec he then was 21# from 1192 boxers.

-
    Burton also warned that Bolotņiks might not survive 1 st round vs him.:nonono
    Bolotņiks had not only survived 1 st round but won exactly last rounds in fight vs then #21 CW boxer Nielsen who is well known as really very phyisically strong lad for CW
    division criteria. Nielsen also is known in europe as guy with good clinch and good gas tank.
    Also Bolotņiks record does not looks that bad especially after seing his 7 th and 8 th round vs Nielsen. Nielsen won this fight via SD. This loss is better for resume than
    if he had finished 3 bums with KO. Fans like cans crushing.
    Mchunu fight vs Bolotņiks: this is strong and dangerous CW boxer, even today ranked 5 th - 9 th in different CW boxers rankings.He defeated Lebedev. Is not bummy boxer.
    Bolotņiks normally lasted 5 rounds vs him and had been defeated cos Mchunu catched him with punch and capitalised this.
    If this Bolotņiks had in the ring someone like these 2 guys before MTK tournament Burton had in the ring, then his record looked better in KO numbers and %.
    KO % etc marketing. Bolotņiks had a boxer and Nielsen.
    I really think it is delusional to assume Bolotņiks as not dangerous boxer, like some random journeyman to fill cards etc alike.
    ---------------------
    If Burton will not evalue his opponents as very dangerous, career might not be succesful.

13. Joshua

Joshua New Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Sometimes to much sparring with top class
    fighters like Johnson and Smith can ruin a fighters confidence maybe that’s what the problem was on Saturday ?

14. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013

What is your first language

15. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Where might be problems? You easily may compare their boxrec profiles and fights videos.
    After this their YT content. Compare with results.