How bad is this night?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Double J, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    If it's a matter of principle, then fair enough. I **** 20 pounds daily on the dumbest things... but if I get a parking ticket I don't agree with even for 50 pounds, I will study law, and take it to the high court.

hpsauce91 and Twentyman like this.
  2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Don't blame Hearn, blame the mugs who keep buying these garbage PPV's.

3. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Strange creatures. Rest assured the next "****" fight night they will be tuned in whilst simultaneously bitching on a forum about how crap it is. Weirdos

4. Little brian

Jul 21, 2019
    Defo

5. high tower

high tower Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Grow up. when I’m already paying for the subscription then why pay more ? And for a **** fight.

You are a grade A mug.

6. Little brian

Jul 21, 2019
    Because the fighters are demanding big ppv money. I'm more than happy to cough up tbh, they deserve every penny they can get.

Yeh I'm the mug mate, having a beer and actually enjoying the fights.

What I really should be doing is moaning non stop on a forum. Sounds brilliant.

I'm doing my Saturday nights all wrong aren't i?

7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Some fighters are demanding it when they don’t deserve it. Not world champions, not even former world champions, has Whyte even held the British? He’s fought some decent names but nobody even in the top 5, he can’t sell out arenas. What has he honestly done to deserve PPV money? Why isn’t my boxing content I pay for with a sky subscription covering a fringe world level fighter against someone else who ticks all them boxes too.

Wizbit1013, Sonny1, Double J and 3 others like this.
  8. high tower

high tower Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2008
    The market is being created by promoters to rack up the profits. Since when has a non title fight been a Ppv??

It’s also cashing in quickly. Less people watching due to ppv means less boxing fans in the long term means less fights.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  9. Little brian

Jul 21, 2019
    In your opinion they don't deserve it. They are literally risking brain damage/death whilst we sit back, slurp beer and watch.

I say get every penny you can lads.

jimmyonebomb likes this.
  10. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Crazy how people are defending it. I can watch the best in the world go at it in multiple sports with my Sky subscription. But for some reason with boxing I have to pay extra to watch guys who aren't even the best.

Sonny1 and Scissors like this.
  11. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    How can you say that, people choose not to buy it because they don't need too, not because they are skint...

They just don't feel they should be ripped off further with disgraceful PPV charges when they don't have to that's all.

I suppose you pay the BBC license also do you when you don't have to!!!

12. Little brian

Jul 21, 2019
    How are you guys so skint? I feel sorry for you tbh

13. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Once they get to a certain level then they deserve it yet.

Would you have a problem paying for Wilder vs Fury? Two elite fighters fighting for a world title? No.

Joshua vs Ruiz can Joshua avenge one of the biggest upsets of all time and regain 4 world title belts? No problem paying for that.

Smith vs Saunders two elite British world champions going at it. No.

The 5th best heavyweight in the world who’s never challenged for a title vs the 14th ranked whos arguably only beat one top 50 heavyweight in his whole career? Absolutely have a problem paying for that. Where do our Sky/BT fees go if they can’t fund fights like that.

14. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    If you did not like last nights show, perhaps boxing is not for you?!

It had an upset, a get off the floor win and an impressive destruction; it was a solid night of boxing.

Little brian likes this.
  15. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I enjoyed last nights show but I don’t think it was worth more money on top of my sky subscription! And there was no upset. It was logical that Price would destroy Allen.

Sonny1, Twentyman and TBooze like this.