How badly hurt was Floyd by Manny?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    He stunned him a little and Mayweather recovered and out-thought him. I think Pacquiao won four rounds, one less than I had Maidana winning in the first Floyd fight. Mosley hurt him far more and I don't think it's even that close. But yeah, Floyd was stunned on a not even completely flush shot. Big whoop, small hiccup, slight clutching place for Pac fans and May haters to obsess over for years. Pacquiao lost. He was both out-thrown and out-landed, in addition to being out-maneuvered and out-thought. This is the truth, you are the weakest link, good day.

I thought the matches were incredibly clear cut and had the first fight with Pacquiao taking nine or ten rounds and if the score had been right, I wouldn't have seen even a vague need of a rematch, and hadn't wanted the first match, but I did see that the second fight was really good and much closer and as a Bradley fan, I'm not sure it's fair to say uncharacteristically aggressive, because he always changed tactics, which is why I liked him, because he would switch ranges, paces, lead and counter throughout his career, depending on who he was fighting and what the results were.

Like, what he did with JMM isn't something I would consider to just be his normal style any more than what he did with Peterson or Provodnikov. Some people will say he wanted to prove a point in the second Pac fight, but I think he just knew he didn't legitimately get a win over Pacquiao and changed tactics for that purpose because he always changes tactics. It's not that Bradley was a huge money fight. It's that Bob got a bigger cut with in-house matches and by some "miracle" he got an excuse to have a trilogy after the cards came in from fight one. And these were safe in-house matches. I mean, hey, even if the rematch were just as the first, it would still only make them 1-1...kaching.

mrkoolkevin likes this.