How come AJ...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Why are you using the number 30,000 out of interest ?

2. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    You come across like a genuinely troubled individual. Barely able to talk about boxing without dribbling all over yourself about some giant Matchroom conspiracy.

You hate the idea that people outside your social circle/therapy group/bedsit are pro-Joshua. Keep dreaming mate!

3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Hatton took that many brits abroad for the Mayweather fight.

305th likes this.
  4. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    He took more abroad for the fight who couldn't even get into the fight?

Or there were just that many British people in Vegas?

5. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    That's phenomenal but sounds impossible Spurs didn't take 30,000 to Barcelona in December, but it in fact appears to be true

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  6. BAWA1980

BAWA1980 Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Lets look at the facts of this.

- Anthony Joshua jumped on the back of the Fury stories of misogyny on homophobia, to sell himself as the good guy of heavyweight boxing.
    - AJ then had a great win over Wlad, and when I say great, I mean the way he won, coming from being down. Reality being that Wlad let him off.
    - AJ then happy to fight the like of Takam and a washed out Povetkin, and Joseph Parker was easy work for any top heavyweight.
    - It was never in the AJ plan that Fury would come back like he did, with the back story that Fury sold, to get robbed of the win v Wilder. All of a sudden, he is back into the corner, with no option of fighting the level of opponent he has since Wlad, and no option to fight the other two top heavyweights, and seemingly, no desire to fight Whyte who has much improved since they met.

It's pretty much a lose / lose situation for AJ now, nobody expects him to lose, wont get the credit if he wins this fight, and if he loses v Millar, then that is a real set back. All of a sudden, the Golden Boy is looking at being third fiddle here, especially if Wilder and Fury have another good fight.

This is what happens when you rest on your laurels, as a boxing champion, you have to push yourself to fight the best, no excuses, otherwise, people quickly get bored of you. I think it is bad management.

Just the way I see it anyway.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Sasha yeah real easy work like lol that easy work wilder refused at all costs not fight
    And yeah vlad just let aj tee off on him just in case he was going to lose

Lofl this place

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Tazz, Jojojojo and Scissors like this.
  8. Trojan02

Trojan02 New Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2017
    AJ wanted to give the fans the chance to see him become undisputed in the UK given he has collected all his current belts over here. Dillian Whyte turning down the fight and the contractual pressures of Dazn will be why he is going to America.

9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    None of these lads are about ‘the fans’.

10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I see Miller gave AJ a good shove during the staredown.

Gatekeeper likes this.