How come the Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko fight didn't go to the scorecards if it went 6 rounds?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thesenuts, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Thesenuts

Thesenuts Member banned Full Member

Jan 23, 2022
    I thought in organized boxing if the fight goes at least 6 rounds and gets stopped, it automatically goes to the scorecards.

Why didn't it in this case?

On The Money and Ph33rknot like this.
  2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Because the cut was caused by a punch..... All roads lead to TKO 6

3. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    If the cut had happened on an accidental clash of heads than it would have gone to the cards I believe. But the cut above Vitali’s eye was caused by a punch.

Real question is how come there was never a rematch?? Vitali called Lewis out for years after that fight. Even Manny Steward said there should’ve been a rematch. But Lennox THE LION didn’t want it :rolleyes:

4. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    caused by a thumb and further opened by dreads.

5. CooperKupp

Aug 28, 2022
    Yeah possible! Especially the way Lewis threw/landed that particular punch. But the ref only saw the right hand at the beginning of the 3rd. And he went off that.

I still say if that was Wlad in there with Lewis that night, given the fact Wlad hits twice as hard as Vitali, has way faster hands and with Lewis that sluggish… Lewis would have took a 10 count. But that’s a different thread.

ShovelHook, vast, Holler and 2 others like this.
  6. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    I don't know that Lewis was sluggish. He was just fighting one of the best fighters he ever faced. Tyson was way past prime.

7. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Lennox retired. So, he did not want to fight anyone, not just Vitali. now, if he kept on fighting and never rematching, I can understand all the crying.

sasto, C.J., Keldan and 9 others like this.
  8. CooperKupp

Aug 28, 2022
    Hey that might be true too! Vitali on a head to head ranking is top 3 All Time imo. So yeah… maybe Lewis just looked sluggish facing that animal. Lol :D

Plus we got used to seeing Lewis overpower his opponents and muscle them around for the most part. He couldn’t do it with Vitali.

vast and Jackman65 like this.
  9. CooperKupp

Aug 28, 2022
    “Crying”??? Lol WTF

Wondering why a rematch didn’t happen do to practically the whole world wanting it is “Crying” :wanker :lol:

vast and kirk like this.
  10. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Lennox Lewis retired healthy, wealthy and wise on his own terms while still the champion, "Veni, vidi, vici"
    How many that followed him have become undisputed world heavyweight champion?, NONE, not Vlad, not Vitali, not Fury.

11. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    LOL Lewis KO 6 Klitschko.

Gotta get over it sometime, people. I mean, I'm a big Holyfield guy, but I accept he got whupped by Belfort, no excuses!

Although Evander may have taken a dive, looked kinda funny to me.......

12. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    He retired! Not really difficult to understand why the rematch didn't happen. At some point people need to stop complaining about the rematch not happening. Maybe they can have a exhibition. LOL

13. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Cut was caused by a punch and the Dr thought he couldn't continue. That cut was nasty.

Wizbit1013, ikrasevic and AlwaysFirst like this.
  14. Kishnabe

Kishnabe Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    Lennox knew his prime was up. He did the right thing.

Why should he go get beat up against a Young Hungry Lion.

Finkel and Wizbit1013 like this.
  15. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    It is also worth noting that he just had his son, which I think was his second child of three, but I could be wrong.

Man has a right to retire with his health intact and spend time with his family.

Furey, Joy_Rones, Entaowed and 2 others like this.