How come the Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko fight didn't go to the scorecards if it went 6 rounds?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thesenuts, Nov 22, 2022.

1. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    He said it publicly that he still had unfinished business with Johnson. His mommy hadn't called him in to stop fighting yet.

Mendoza likes this.
  2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Sounds like you're in denial. For Lewis's dreads to give Vitali several cuts on his face he wouldve had to forcefully drag his head across Vitalis but did he even do that ? Lewis didn't rub his head against Vitalis face multiple times. I don't even remember him doing it once

3. fencik45

Jun 6, 2022
    Then you are ******ed or a complete liar. Bet you deny Akinwande charged around the ref and basically clotheslined Zolkin after the end of the 1st round in their fight too.

4. Put to the test

Put to the test Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2022
  5. fencik45

Jun 6, 2022
    They ruled the cut to be caused by a punch.

6. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    It wasn’t until the wbc ordered the rematch and Lewis was out of belts to give up that he promptly retired.

He tired to make matches with Roy Jones and Kirk Johnson post Vitali.

And that is the truth.

7. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Would i have welcomed a Younger Lewis vs Vitali bout hell yeah.

I take the view in any bout a win is a win, the moment it is called it is indelibly printed in boxing history, now if that is a fighter who is behind on cards throwing a one punch ko or inflicting cut eye by a punch, so be it, their opponent left themselves open to that punch, you fight and defend to the final bell, luck involved? yes possibly, but that happens, Alis split glove after Cooper knocked him down, Dempsey being helped back in the ring after Firpo knocked him out of ring etc etc, it does not change the decision, and luck goes against fighters other times, its life.

Lewis beat Vitali, he decided he wanted to retire, a damned fine decision i say, he is the last undisputed champ, he is wealthy, healthy and not exhibiting any neurological issues, i so wish many more of the ATGs knew when to hang up the gloves.

8. fencik45

Jun 6, 2022
    lewis only decided to retire after Vitali beat Johnson and lewis' easy payday was gone.

Mendoza likes this.
  9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Has to be Herbie Hide...

10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Quotes please?

11. fencik45

Jun 6, 2022
    Look them up yourself. Not my responsibility to educate newbie casuals.

12. Sivaro

Sivaro Member banned Full Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Lennox knew he was beat and got lucky. He was not beating Vitali in the first fight and he knew he could not beat him in the next.

The way he ran away was a sad end to a great career. VK was a beast.

13. Ducklerr

Ducklerr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Watch it without your tinfoil hat, crazy man

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  14. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    A legitimate Lewis straight right, which VK should have been prepared to defend against, but wasn't, landed about as perfectly as it could have on VK's face.

Result: Lewis W TKO 6

15. Shempz

Shempz Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2014
    ....and at the same time, I could say that had Lewis actually trained for Klitschko - rather than the half hearted effort he put into training for what was meant to be the Kirk Johnson fight - then he'd have knocked Klitschko out. Don't think I've ever seen him so out of shape for a fight and still he split Vitali's face open.

Ducklerr and AlwaysFirst like this.