How did Brandon Figueroa beat Luis Nery?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boon, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    I watched this fight live and I think I posted in the RBR that Luis Nery mentally quit and have up the ghost when he could have continued in the fight. He just didn't want it that night.

I don't remember much else, except that Nery lost probably every second of that fight, got stopped and bitched out that night.

So, is Brandon Figueroa a special talent? Or did Nery have some kind of legitimate excuse?

Weight?

Preparation?

I don't know. Brandon Figueroa Vs Stephen Fulton Jr. is this weekend. I haven't followed the build up but see that the favorite is Fulton Jr. Is that honest? Who do you think is going to win. Thanks for contributing.

2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Broke him down mentally and physically. I thought Nery was going to win but Brandon is a machine. I think he beats fulton as well.

CST80 likes this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He used his awkward upper body movement, chin, size and strength to outmuscle and smother Nery's best shots by getting in so close, Nery didn't have any room to get proper extension on anything, therefore lessening the power of his shots he actually could get off greatly, and lessening has output to a degree. Therefore forcing Nery to fight his fight, which meant Nery had to become an expert inside fighter in the blink of an eye, which he was incapable of doing. So he ended up getting manhandled, outhustled, outworked and beaten physically, mentally and emotionally into submission. The same exact thing he's going to do to Fulton, because yes, Figueroa who is an incredible suffocating relentless pressure fighter is a special talent.

Chuck Norris likes this.
  4. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Nery was terrible in the fight before that too (which he won but was flat).

WhataRock likes this.
  5. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    The cheer of "let's go Brandon!!" spurred him on to an unlikely victory.

George Crowcroft likes this.