How did Robert Guerrero win more rounds against TBE than Canelo, Marquez and Pacquiao?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Nov 14, 2019.

1. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Find me 10 rounds floyd won clearly? And I mean clearly, he hurt Pac, dominated him in punches landed. You don’t win fights by running around and making a guy reach.

Floyd won but you’re reaching.
    And people will say this scoring is flawed but at least it’s objective. You would need to counter objectively why floyd won the round otherwise.

This content is protected

This whole thing is a bit like Pac-Thurman. People make out like Pac dominated Thurman and that’s the story they’re running with. But if you look at the scorecards, much closer than people think.

Rdc4444 and Angler Andrew like this.
  2. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol I think I’ve told everyone I’m a Floyd fan but what a difference between how he fought Canelo and Manny.
    That video does show the fake narrative you used to get with Floyd.There were times he’d be on the ropes getting smashed and everyone goes “great defence” and “Great fighter”lol.
    Prior to him knocking Hatton out, Hatton was giving it to him and Floyd would start crying because he’d been hit by a body shot lol.
    Anyway at least Floyd rates Manny as his best win.

dangerousity likes this.
  3. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Exactly, there is almost this sheep like mentality with the fans.

At first a fight may be controversial, then decided its a robbery and then overtime the narrative just becomes it was daylight robbery.

Some fights are close, then a minority shout about how dominant another was, the losing group tired of arguing gives up, and that’s the narrative people run with from there on.

I watched that fight closely and scored it a few times as objectively as I could. I had it around 7-5 or 8-4 to Floyd. Now you COULD argue it’s up to 9-3 to floyd if you give him every swing round, you could also argue it’s 6-6 if you give Pac the close rounds, and even 7-5 to Pac if you’re reaching like how MVC and others here are reaching.

A lot of these rounds floyd was “dominating” just aren’t dominant, it’s almost like re-inventing the word. You could say he won the round because he landed that 1 extra punch that mattered in the round, but that is FAR from dominating.

Him dominating is VS JMM, where he wasn’t running around, he clearly outlanded JMM and hurt him, he wasn’t being accused scared by his dad. Or vs Gatti. Or Pac vs Barrera/Odlh.

One guy above said no one who watched the fight and bet on floyd was worried about their money during the fight. I watched the fight in UK with 15 guys, 1 guy dropped £2k on Pac by the 4th round because he thought Pac was clinching it. By the 6th round floyds dad was scared floyd was losing the fight and asked him why he’s fighting so scared. His trainer. You don’t say that unless you’re in danger of losing.

These people just like to run with a narrative rather than actually be objective about things.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Because Guerrero has more heart and bigger balls than Pacquiao and Canelo. Case in point, watch the Berto and Figueroa matches. With Mayweather, you can't be risk-averse and overthink it. Just go in balls to the walls and attempt to overwhelm him with volume, land anywhere you can. Pacquiao and Canelo are smarter and more cautious fighters who look for the perfect shot, and sometimes that can be detrimental when trying to outthink one of the best boxing brains in the business.

pincai, Pimp C, BoxingFanMike and 2 others like this.
  5. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I think boxing over any other sport has the most deluded,gullible fans.

CST80 likes this.
  6. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pbf was past his prime faded and 37 when he fought maidana alexander was prime.:deal: