How did you guys score Tristian Kalkreuth vs Demetrius Banks?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by young_wolverine, Jun 22, 2021.

Howd you score it

1. Win for Kalkreuth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Win for Banks

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    So big Blue Chip prospect got derailed this weekend after suffering a freak shoulder injury in round 4 and fought the rest of the fight one handed. The judges gave Demetrius Banks a pretty wide victory but I had it close and I was curious to see how yall scored it and what you thought of the fight
    This content is protected

Round 1: Kalkreuth 10-9
    Round 2: Kalkreuth 10-9 (Super close)
    Round 3: Kalkreuth 10-9
    Round 4: Banks 10-9 (Close)
    Round 5: Banks 10-9
    Round 6: Banks 10-9
    Final Score: 57-57 Draw
    I could definitely see Banks getting the win cause but 60-54 was a little nuts to me.
    I really rate Tristan and think he will be back from this as long as the shoulder injury doesn't do any long-term damage.

2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    My scorecard:
    Round 1: 10-9 Kalkreuth
    Round 2: 10-9 Kalkreuth
    Round 3: 10-9 Kalkreuth
    Round 4: 10-9 Banks
    Round 5: 10-9 Banks
    Round 6: 10-9 Banks
    57-57 even.

Round 1+3 were close imo. Banks was winning R1 until he got hurt and wobbled late with that left hook. R3 probably a swing round. I can definitely see 58-56 Banks. 60-54 is bull**** though.

You really rate Kalkreuth? He looks horrendous. Slow, robotic, no head movement, no combinations, extremely slow feet. He's telepgrahing almost all of his punches. His jab is decent. Overall he looks pretty poor. If you rate him i don't know what you're seeing but this kid is going nowhere if he doesn't change something big in his camp or training. I mean he's 19 years old so he's super young but i don't see any talent at all. I think he'll get knocked out pretty soon. Don't think his style is made for the pro ranks. He has no power as well i think. Should go back to 175 if he's smart.

3. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    I rate him still. I admit this was a pretty poor performance hes had better nights where his defense and footwork were impressive I was really impressed with his Ko of Dustin Long. As you said he's only 19 I think he can definetly rebuild and he's got a lot of time to patch the holes in his game I really like how he mixes to he head and body and cuts off the ring. He didn't really display that at all in this fight but you live and you learn you know.