How do you enter into the Golden Gloves on May 2nd? As in next saturday in Utah?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by BITCH ASS, Apr 25, 2009.

1. BITCH ASS

BITCH ASS "Too Fast" Full Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Yo look, if you can beat everyone, you should get a chance to prove it...

Someone should be allowed to make a bet and sponsor your ass.....

I thought this was a capitalist country......

Man...........any of ya'll readin this, that got money and want an excellent ROE, throw down some money........and you'll cash in on your investment....

This **** is finance 101....

2. BITCH ASS

Jul 10, 2006
    I would not get hammered......

I know my place.....

Besides, you don't know me.....why are you making assumptions? I didn't ask for you to make assumptions so basically you're just talkin ****......

And the amatuer system ain't nothin but a bunch of fathers and sons and guys that don't know what the **** they're talkin about, and the ones that do, they don't have a place to operate......

Who wants to put up with that ****?.....

But it don't matter...........success offers different venues........God gives different routes and opportunities arrise when the Lord sees fit........

Stress ain't a factor......

3. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    By climbing up the ranks and earning your spot.

But it's not about capitalism, money or finance at all. It's about the sport boxing and I'm glad that can't be bought.

4. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Oh my god, you know nothing about amateur boxing. Shut up please.

5. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Stop acting like you know anything about finance.

Second, supposing I did have money and was looking to invest in you, how can you back up your supposed earning potential. What are you boxing achievements? Who have you beaten? How many matches do you have? What top tournaments have you won?

6. amy

May 23, 2006
    You're not allowed sponsors anyway. (unless you set up a trust w/USA Boxing and it's really complicated) But I'm sure this guy already knows that since he has a masters degree in finance.

7. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Yeah, but he's too good for the amateur game, so I guess he's looking to go pro, so I am curious why I should sign this financial genious/boxer.

8. amy

May 23, 2006
    Do you really need a reason? It's obvious he's the next great heavy weight champion of the world.

9. BITCH ASS

Jul 10, 2006
    Aside from a few answers I got on here, some of you are complete haters. I was asking a simple question, yet people wanna get completely insecure for whatever reason, (I'm not going to speculate although in some cases it's obvious), when someone who doesn't have the time to some of the things that you're talking about was asking a serious question.

I understand that you have to work your way up through the ranks, but at the same time, I think there should be a venue where people who didn't have the opportunity nor the time because of kids, jobs, etc, to go through the trouble of traveling great distances to schedule fights, should be able to prove themselves and enter into the tournament via some sort of elimination bout.

Wouldn't you agree that some people are naturally gifted, and even if there are some people with a hell of a lot more experience, that it often and many times DOESN'T mean that they are better than someone who does have those gifts, but just doesn't have the time to go through the system?

What the hell is wrong with that?

And ya'll wonder why there aren't very many good boxers comin up through the amateurs. It's because the system is bull****.

And I know enough about the amateur game to know that they often rob your ass and I got FILM to prove that ****.

10. BITCH ASS

Jul 10, 2006
    This is coming from someone that has the audacity to talk **** about Stacy's wife who's a world champion.

Look, just because you've been doin this for 35 years, doesn't mean ****...

It's obvious that you're bitter about something because you're giving out the most negative responses. Ain't nobody wanna hear that ****...

If you ain't satisfied with yourself, fix somethin......

11. amy

May 23, 2006
    :rofl

12. amy

May 23, 2006
    There are plenty of tournaments outside of National Golden Gloves, nearly every weekend. If that's really what you want to do, then join a gym and tell your coach that you want to compete. It's pretty simple really.

13. BITCH ASS

Jul 10, 2006
    You make way too many assumptions about me....

Anyway.......

It's obvious I can't enter this tournament. Discussion over...

14. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Can you answer my question? Have you every had a boxing match, amateur or pro?

15. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    This whole thread is filled with hilarity. Hilarity and idiocy.

Tell me, Axe-Man, what weight class do you want to compete at? Have you seen any videos of last year's Golden Gloves finals?