How do you feel Sparring?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Youthman, Feb 25, 2017.

1. NellyWN

NellyWN New Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2017
    I did my first sparring session last night, I have to say on the 6th round I was absolutely blowing!!
    I feel a little bit disappointed today when reflecting on it, I pulled a lot of shots in anticipation I was going to be countered by the back hand. I found myself overthinking and trying to guess 3 shots down the line, by the time I had thought about that, he'd popped a jab off and I'd be found reacting.

What's the best advice for beginners starting out sparring?
    I found myself trying to remember everything I'd be taught but when under pressure it kind of went out the window. Having said that, I really enjoyed it but it has knocked my confidence down a peg or two, it soon makes you realise what standard you actually are and has left me a little frustrated.

2. joe brown

joe brown Keep it Simple Full Member

Jan 22, 2017
    everyone gets this, in tommy hearns first sparring session he got his nose broken
    I was exactly the same as you I felt great on the bag and pads but In my first few spars I was overwhelmed by everything floating around in my head eventually after more sparring you get more comfortable and when an opening presents it self your brain will pull the trigger instantly
    for advice you should ask dagowop he's on page 1