How do you rank Arthur Abraham in the Middleweight division??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Grabonator, Aug 6, 2007.

1. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    taylor IMO will not get past pavlik so that matchup might be irrelevent in the short term.

2. Tom_Tocca

Tom_Tocca The Provider Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Doesn't matter because Taylor will move up to SMW no matter what...

3. startown81

startown81 Active Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Miranda should have been dqued? Huh? The fight should have been stoped. Abraham did not want to continue after his jaw broke but his corner threw him in their anyway. I had Miranda up big Abraham was running for dear life half of the fight. No shame to abraham. Hes a tough son of a ***** but he lost that fight.

4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Only to get swatted like a fly. :deal

5. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    You think Sturm could beat Abraham?? Are you kidding!!?? Sturm would get his ass kicked! He would not be able to deal with Abrahams power. Thats why Sturm never would get in the ring with Abraham!

6. Tom_Tocca

Dec 10, 2005
    I totally agree with you :good

7. Grabonator

Apr 15, 2007
    I guess you dont have seen the fight or you have not read my post, Abraham was serious injured against Miranda and lost tons of blood in the fight!! That was unreal!!

8. CASH_718

CASH_718 "You ****ed Healy?" Full Member

Apr 10, 2005
    1. Taylor
    2. Winky
    3. Abraham

9. Grabonator

Apr 15, 2007
    I watch all Sturm fights recently, as well and Abraham fights. Sturm is feather fisted and has problems against punchers and he only fights overmatched bums and cant even stop them and get hit by them, if he get hit by Abraham he gets KOed. Castillejo who is hardly a Top10 guy at middleweight knocked Sturm out and there are manny boxers at middleweight better than Castillejo, Abraham is one of them. Abraham would walk over Sturm since he has not to worry about Sturms featherfisted punches. Sturm has a good defense but Abraham can also go to the body where Sturm is hittable as you see in his last fight against a mediciore opponent. But Abraham would be the most powerfull guy Stum ever fought and Sturm would not be able to handle Abraham whos not just a good puncher. There was a time i was a fan of Sturm, especially after the fight against De La Hoya, but i realized that he cant handle the Topdogs at 160 that are physically bigger than him. oscar who fought Sturm was fat and out of shaoe and doesnt belong to 160 anyway. Abraham, Taylor, Pavlick and Miranda would all stop Sturm and maybe others as well.

10. Grabonator

Apr 15, 2007
    Man i hate this sentence!! Its not true anyway!! A good boxer wins against an not so good puncher, but a good puncher wins against a not so good boxer as well. The important thing is you have to be good in what you do and you have the right gameplan. And i doubt Sturm could run away all night without getting hit.There are manny styles and you cant just say a boxer beats a puncher. I think you are underrating Abrahams boxing abilities and his talent. I know that Sturm is a talented boxer but he has flaws, he has not the chin and not the punch to compete with strong middleweights. And sometimes he always likes to trade a bit and stands toe to toe and that would be his downfall against Abraham. He did not impress me at all in his last fight when he had a verry hard time with Alcoba. And Alcoba whos not good at all landed more shots than you would expect. If he would have power, Alcoba would have knocked Sturm out.

11. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    Hopkins didn't stop Eastman either and he was #1, so stopping Eastman is somethings to think about?

12. Brickhaus

Brickhaus Packs the house Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Clear #2. The only way Miranda beat Abraham in that fight is if you think the ref should have called it a KO after he broke his jaw.

13. Tom_Tocca

Dec 10, 2005
    That's not the story I'm talking about but the fact that the starter of this thread said that AA stopped Eastman...

14. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    He's top 3 - behind Taylor and Wright

15. Tom_Tocca

Dec 10, 2005
    Would it be possible that Wright fights AA next after Abraham beats his mandatory?