How do you rank Arthur Abraham in the Middleweight division??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Grabonator, Aug 6, 2007.

1. marauder1999

marauder1999 Champion Full Member

May 3, 2007
    Well--Mr. hyped miranda hurt him but Pavlik beat the **** out of miranda---I dont see how on earth you feel that abraham is #2 behind taylor. JMo

2. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Yes, that was a fault, sorry. Now i remember. But eastman was hurt severall times in that fight and to stop Eastman is a difficult thing to do. Eastman BTW was a strong opponent, a good boxer with a good punch and Ikeke also was considered as an good boxer but Abraham handled him with ease and stopped him. I wonder what Sturm would look like when he fights Ikeke or Eastman. But he doesnt need to fight them anymore cause they are not as good as they were when Abraham fought them.

3. Tom_Tocca

Tom_Tocca The Provider Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Winky said after the Hopkins fight that he don't want to fight above 160 again but fight at that weight or below...So who else is he going to fight - I only see Mora as a fighter who could draw enough money for Winky because Pavlik would have to fight Taylor at 168 in a rematch if he wins...

4. Grabonator

Apr 15, 2007
    Huck is verry good, thats right but i dont think hes more promising than Abraham.

5. marauder1999

May 3, 2007
    Are u kidding? Miranda was the talk of the hype train when he was going to fight pavlik. Pavlik pummeled his hyped ass. Period.

6. Grabonator

Apr 15, 2007
    Miranda is still not bad! Lets see what he does in his next fight! I had the feeling that Miranda was verry weak and tired when he fought Pavlick, i guess something was wrong with him, there where not much power behind his shots in this fight. But Pavlick is verry good and propaby always would beat Miranda, i pick him to beat Taylor as well.

7. EpsilonAxis

EpsilonAxis HNIC Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    He's the #1 contender to Taylor's crown.

8. marauder1999

May 3, 2007
    I guess it would just show that pavlik actually has fans who enjoy his style boxing and like to watch him fight vs. miranda who had nuthuggers attached to his pubic hair.

9. marauder1999

May 3, 2007
    Very true!:good But I dont think pavlik is going to beat Taylor because of how he beat hyoed miranda

I believe he will win based on how he fights. Beating the overhyped miranda is just that--beating an overhyped miranda, it really has no basis of why i feel he is the legit #2 right now and after sept 29 he will be the champ.

10. startown81

startown81 Active Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Hahahahahaha. What? When did Miranda hurt Abraham? I think it was about the third or 4th round when Abraham didnt want to continue. Not to mention Miranda was back in the ring months after the fight Abraham had to wait about a year to fight again. Miranda was hurt? Yea im the ignorant one. Wow you must be as lost as the ref in that fight.

11. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    At the moment . . .

1. Taylor
    2. Pavlik
    3. Abraham :yep :good

12. Jinx

Jinx Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Abraham would definitely lose to Taylor, but he might beat Pavlik...he would be a hard style for Winky, if he puts pressure on Winky...he beats Miranda in a rematch, but he shouldn't have won the 1st...i see Abraham as #3 behind Taylor and Wright, and Pavlik is #4...

13. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    Sorry, full respect for you.

14. Axe

Axe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 23, 2005
    He is a good puncher but would lose to Taylor, Pavlik, and Wright (who knows where Winky will fight next..).

A Miranda rematch would be 50/50 as well.

15. Tom_Tocca

Tom_Tocca The Provider Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    I see Taylor beating Pavlik, Pavlik beating Abraham, Abraham beating Taylor... styles make fights.