How do you rate Wilders power?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by baconmaker, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    8 out of 10. There are a few who hit harder. Wilder hasn't taken anyone have decent out early. Yes--he can hit, but KO power is often tied to the class of its opponents.

2. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I rate him right behind Dereck Rossy.

3. NakiFan

NakiFan Proud Kiwi Guy Full Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Give Parker some credit, he has big power. The HW division will take notice mid this coming year.

4. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY I've had so much sex during lockdown Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    As soon as he stepped up in the class the brutal early KO's stopped. His power was overrated by his fanboys. Sure he can punch... But he hasn't proved that he's anywhere near the hardest puncher in the division.

5. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY I've had so much sex during lockdown Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I like Parker A LOT more than Wilder. His punching is a lot more clean and precise, and as we all know that helps a lot when you have KO power. Wilder is a crude puncher in comparison. Parker has some of the cleanest combination punching that we've seen from any HW prospect in a long time. That Wilder fanboy thinks it's ridiculous to suggest that Parker is a bigger puncher, even though he's faced FAR better competition than Wilder did on the way up and has looked every bit as devastating. I think Parker would have dealt with Molina better than Wilder did had they fought, also doesn't that show how much of a joke Wilder is? That he snagged Molina from Parker earlier this year? :patsch:lol:

6. NakiFan

NakiFan Proud Kiwi Guy Full Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Yes, Yes, and yes. I can't wait for Parker to step up and prove to the HW division. Call me a fanboy, but what I have seen with his skills, Parker is a good fighter to be a fan of.

7. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Wilder punches like a chain mace. Long, slow powerful punches from looping angles. Joshua and Parker on the other hand are much faster, stronger and smarter with straight punches and combinations in close.

8. XCalibur79

XCalibur79 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 13, 2015
    To me, Parker is just an example of how bias and full of double standards this board is. He and Joshua both have proven far less than Wilder has, but they are regarded as future megastars and Wilder is dismissed as having a chance to beat anyone above club level.

Then they try to justify their opinion with technical words and pretend like they know more about boxing than anyone else, funny how the results never seem to fit what they say. :lol:

Very few gave Fury and chance against Klitschko, Wilder against Stiverne, ect.

9. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Difference is the Wilder has a ****en belt so you expect him to be well and truly tested and fighting the best to defend it.

Can't you see that or does Wildmills nuts keep spoiling the view??

You seem to think it is ok for a champ to be taking development fights all the time all the while bull****ting on about how god he is.

The sad thing is we don't actually know if he is any good because he doesn't fight the best in the division.

FWIW Parker to me shows far superior boxing ability to Wilder and given he is Somoan it will mean his jaw will be far from glass. Wilder has that bad habit of going into shock when getting hit which means once he get in with someone good he will get ko'd, he got lucky with Molina, if that was Wlad he would have destroyed him.

Wildmills is very good at teeing off on cans but he uses all of his range to generate his power (unlike say Mike Tyson who developed power quickly) so I think he will eventually run into a good inside fighter and get blasted out.

Sad thing is both are still prospects but one has a belt...

10. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Agree they have SO FAR, the comparison made there was career point versus career point. Parker AND Joshua by this point in their career have fought much stiffer competition and wiped them out every bit as convincingly as Wilder. How can you argue with that?

11. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wilder does not hit hard at all. He could not put down Stivern who was stopped by Demetrice King and dropped by Rossy. He took ten to stop Molina when Molina has been stpped in 1 by Arreola and stopped in one by some guy named Ashanti Jordan.

Wilder appears to have good power because they have matched him agasint zombies, divers, blown up super middeweights, carnival fat men and part time fighters. When he faces anyone with any ability, his power falls to a solide B- or less.

I am POSITIVE that Fury hits harder.

12. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    With a SPARQ™ test battery. :D

13. big moose

big moose Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Aye.
    Wilder - 30 yo, 35 fights, World Title.
    versus, Joshua - 26 yo, 14 fights. Or, Parker - 23 yo, 17 fights.

and yet there is not that great a disparity in their competition currently, let alone when compared to Wilder at a similar stage.

I understand that Wilder might be regarded as still "learning on the job". But if that is the case, he should stop calling out / dismissing fighters his handlers clearly feel he is not ready for.

14. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Credit to him for fighting Artur Szpilka as a voluntary, it's not really messing around too much imho and could prove quite dangerous.

Credit for obviously being a very capable boxer and willing to fight other very capable boxers, I think the most recent fights he has had have made it clear his power is NOT one of the best power punchers out there - he has power, just not THAT much

15. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    From what I have seen Szpilka does have power but was outboxed by Jennings so I don't think he will be much of a threat to Wilder. He will be able to use his height and reach to stay out of harms way...

I think Wilder does have power but like I said earlier he really has to tee off to generate that power.

He may come unstuck when someone has genuine power but can deliver it close..