How do you train footwork?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by withoutwire, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Ylem

Ylem Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2009

yeah that would make him some random fighter that has no point in the conversation........and you even leave out the part that he boxed for 15 years but took off 10 years right in the middle and only has like 8 fights that hes lost 2 or 3 of.....

2. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    :yikes

3. wayneflint

wayneflint Active Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2010
    and your wrong ylem you dont step.. ive allready explained to you how you should move..im not explaining again. just do the line video and ill find some videos i can put up today.. also do a video of you at your club gym or whatever gym with whatever trainer you claim youve got because i know you havnt got one. or atleast if you have he doesnt pay any attention to you whatsoever and i can imagine why.

4. wayneflint

Jun 18, 2010
    No ylem that would make him my first sparring partner with scrap, you moron..

5. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009
    do you pick up your foot and put it back down? or do you just keep your foot planted when you want to move?

if your foot leaves the ground and then returns you have taken a step.

6. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009

so wheres the video? alll you posted was some random boxer and a cute little story.

7. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    :yikes <- Ylem

aka

-World boxing bag champion

-number one contender for the footwork title

-world record holder for the highest amount of fast twitch muscle fibres -compared to slow twitch

-self confessed boxing expert

- forest gump body double

8. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009
    its not fast twitch to slow twitch fibers is fast twitch muscle mass to slow twitch muscle mass. most people are born with a certain proportion of fast and slow twitch muscles. if some one spends thir time lifting heavy weights the fast twitch muscles tear at up to 10 times the rate that slow twitch muscles tear causing an increase of muscle mass through either sarcoplasmic hypertrophy or myofibril hypertrophy. though this you increase your fast twitch fiber mass in relation to your slow twitch fiber mass.

you really cant change how much fast twitch fibers you have in relation to slow twitch fibers.

And its SLOW TWITCH muscle mass not fast twitch that i have a greater % of.

and as slow twitch fibers contract at 10-30 times per second im sure their fast enough for my 2-3 jabs a second.

9. lefty

lefty Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    I'm pretty sure everything about you is composed of slow.

10. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009

most people are composed of slow and fast fibers.

i choose to train the slow twitch fibers for stamina and speed increasing the mass of my slow twitch fibers though increased blood flow and possible hyperplasia.

10-30 contractions per second thats sooooooooo slow.....fast twitch.... 30-70 times a second.......seems like over kill to me.

and its not like i dont train the fast twitch muscles.....i just dont train them for hypertrophy with 3-15 rep ranges.

11. lefty

Apr 29, 2006
    Don't talk to me Igor.

12. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009

then dont talk about me.

13. lefty

Apr 29, 2006
    :rofl Forest gump body double

14. wayneflint

Jun 18, 2010
    At the end of the day Ylem until you post a video of you working the line as efficiently and as fast as pete does there, then your videos only prove that we are right and you are wrong, your only proof of knowing everything about boxing is your video of you getting owned by a child's heavy bag.. how is this proof that you are correct and scrap is wrong? shouldnt you be looking faster and sharper in your video than pete does in scraps? your an idiot Ylem and anyone that see's your videos and sees scraps knows exactly who they would listen to. your just plain delusional, you seem to think your an awesome boxer and it seems watching yourself on video falling over in your garage cant even convince you of your lack of skills, then how can we? thats the last bit of energy im wasting on you Ylem until you post videos of yourself looking even half like a fighter.

15. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009
    ive thought about it and regardless of how good it is your still just going to talk **** it is my first time using a slip string so im obviously not going to be as good as some one who practices with a slip string often......sooo ill post up the round on the slip string after i see your round shadow boxing or on the bag.......though maybe by the time your get around to posting a video i might have a chance to get alittle better on the slip string.

and it looks like i also have it alittle too low, is it normally eye lvl?