How does Floyd do against Pacquiao’s 2010 opponents?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingDialogue, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Crude, plodding, slow, three things Marcos Maidana was.

Loudon, Ironmanmt and Bofo24 like this.
  2. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    That would still be much better than Canelo's performance against Floyd

3. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Clottey's best moments are based on inside fighting. He's not a stalker let alone can cut the ring off. This is a really boring UD for Floyd.

Margarito unlike Maidana or JLC that starts off fast- as @Pimp C said- Rito is a slow starter. By the time he warms up he's down 3-4 rounds. Mosley proved it's not that Rito doesn't like to clinch- he doesn't know how. Floyd potshots & clinches to a semi-eventful 12 round UD.

Pimp C likes this.
  4. BoxingIntegrity119715

BoxingIntegrity119715 Super Full Member

Dec 24, 2019
    Margo and clottey are better and bigger maidana that was floyd was why floyd ducked them to protect his health

Bofo24 likes this.
  5. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Floyd goes undefeated vs. Pac's opponents.

Pac would go undefeated vs. Floyd's opponents, only difference is he would've stopped Berto and Ghost.

I don't know what any of this proves. Floyd ain't losing to Margarito either if this thread was created to expand that POV.

Pimp C likes this.
  6. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    PBF was 37 and faded when he fought Maidana you damn casual he wasn't prime. Even still he beat him 2x and Maidana gave him a harder fight than your hero Pac did, who still has Jeff Horn problems BTW, what does that say about Pac? BTW Maidana and Margo fight nothing alike, but you're too stupid and don't know **** about boxing so you don't realize that so let me once again educate your ass novice. Maidana throws a looping overhand right which is a great punch to throw against PBF because it can get past PBF's shoulder roll defense and get to his temple. Maidana is also very awkward and dirty he has faster hands than Margo and heavier handed with better defense countering and a better jab. Margo has no jab is orthoodox straight up and down with no special effects there's nothing exotic about him. He's a limited plodder with a chin who applies uneducated pressure that's it. PBF shuts that bum out and you're full of excuses after.

7. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Who gives a damn if he walks through his shots when he's not landing scoring points and wining rounds, those punches he walks through still count. He's not outboxing PBF he's not stopping him how does he win?

Tramell and northpaw like this.
  8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    And every time you bring it up do you bring up the fact that it was a 37 year old faded PBF who fought Maidana and not a prime version?:deal: I didn't think so, your agenda couldn't be more apparent. A prime PBF handles Maidana much more easily.

9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    He does
    He tells margo he will get his shot

Seven years later pac gets margos shot
    Floyd should open a vinyard
    Knows a thing or to on letting stuff age

And picking cherries before they mature

Bofo24 likes this.
  10. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Anytime someone criticizes Floyd they have an agenda. Pfft.

I mentioned Floyd wasn’t prime, so what are you talking? I don’t understand how you can read my post and respond with this. Anyway, nobody will convince me that people wouldn’t have said Floyd would have schooled Maidana, at age 37 or not, had the fight not happened. That’s how it goes every time, he easily schools everybody, but that’s just not reality.

Loudon, Love2box and RacingBeat like this.
  11. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    I read your whole post thoroughly and and age does matter. You try and play it off as if it doesn't. A 37 year PBF isn't the same as a 27 year old one. You're discounting it by saying it wouldn't make much difference which is untrue. The 27 year old PBF could stick and move for a full 12 rounds without any fade at 37 he couldn't he also wasn't half the counter puncher at 37 as he was at 27, his last prime fight was in 2009 against JMM. PBF fought the best version of Maidana while Maidana fought one of the worst versions of PBF, that matters even still he beat Maidana 2x. So that's why I say you have an agenda.

12. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    (sigh) There's a reason that Mayweather chose Baldomir over Margartio.....for HALF the money.

and Maidana was Margs, that's for sure.

Go back to bed, son.

Loudon, Bofo24 and timeout like this.
  13. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Yeah Baldo was the lineal champ of the division and Margo was a mere WBO titleholder and he got 8 million plus PPV money dummy. No one is going to fight a non draw unknown title holder in Margo for less money than a Lineal champ of a division for more money. And if you think Margo and Maidana fight anything alike you know even less about boxing than I gave you credit for, you go back to bed son.

14. johny

johny New Member Full Member

May 4, 2019
    you overate floyd

Bofo24 likes this.
  15. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    PBF is Fighter of the decade the best fighter of the era and one of the best to ever do it. He's rightfully an elite ATG troll.

deadACE and Tramell like this.