How does Joshua hope to win rounds against Usyk, if he struggled against Povetkin?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Luis Fernando, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Ahh I stand slightly corrected on Usyk wanting to fight at heavyweight. He wants to step up to the harder punchers.

Serge likes this.
  2. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Of course Usyk can beat that juiced up robot , but you know he’s not gonna get the win , just like GGG won but was robbed.

3. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I don't think it'll go to points.

4. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    And I think Juiceshua’s power is overrated . I think he’s a stiff robot on roids. Poor man’s wlad

5. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Joshua is Wlads daddy forever deal with it

6. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Lol no , Juiceshua is a poor man’s Wlad and will always be ,unless you consider mcbride mike tyson’s daddy , but tyson was still younger when he lost to mcbride than wlad when he lost to juiceshua.
    Now if you still want to talk about daddy’s then you need to know that wlad has his daddy , too bad neither you , nor juiceshua had one hahhah. Once again what do they call father’s day in harlem?

deyell and mirkofilipovic like this.
  7. bowlingkid09

bowlingkid09 Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    That is a complete crock of ****. What makes Khan a "better boxer" than Canelo exactly? The fight was not even close to a shutout before the knockout. Canelo was turning the tide and timing Khan with clean counters. Canelo would have certainly outpointed Khan if he did not knock him out. Canelo had him FIGURED OUT.

Luis Fernando likes this.
  8. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Who cares if he is the better boxer? If he got ktfo he got ktfo. Povetkin got ktfo sure he was old , but I think he would have lost in his prime too, just prob not by a KO.

9. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    If Usyk can take Beterbiev's punches (even though he was caught sobbing in the dressing room afterwards) he sure as hell can take Cumberland sausage plodder Joshua's and Barry Venison legged Wylder's

10. bowlingkid09

bowlingkid09 Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    That sounds like an awkward response to my comment. Are you sure that you were not trying to quote the other poster?

11. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Maybe man , I drink once a month and today I do .

12. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    If you say so.

13. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    What is the 'best version of Povetkin'? The one who was getting schooled, out-boxed and humiliated by a guy with suspect stamina in Carlos Takam in his very home country of Russia, until Takam's energy / stamina faded, which was the only moment Povetkin managed to KO / beat him?

If you're getting your ears boxed off by a scrub like Takam, especially in your prime / peak, then you can't qualify as someone who can beat Usyk. At least by decision!

Oleksandr Usyk is not only SIGNIFICANTLY / ASTRONOMICALLY more skilled than Carlos Takam. But he also has FAR GREATER stamina and output. Meaning, Povetkin can't rely on Usyk getting tired to KO him, like he was able to against the guy with poor stamina in Carlos Takam.

Do you even want to get started on the Marco Huck fight or the Ruslan Chagaev fight? Usyk is again, better than both those guys in terms of skills by a SIGNIFICANT margin. If Povetkin BARELY beat a past-prime Chagaev by decision, then what do you think a far more skilled Usyk in his prime would do to Povetkin?

bowlingkid09 likes this.
  14. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    100% AGREED!

15. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    I don't remember anybody claiming Usyk is a heavyweight all time great. And this thread has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how good / bad Povetkin is.

Usyk has proven himself against heavyweights multiple times. He has proven his chin, durability, speed, style and etc.

Let's put it this way: If Povetkin is so BAD, that at age 39, he was able to win as many rounds as he did, or not allow Joshua to win any round dominantly until the 6th round (when his stamina faded due to being 39 years old), then how does Joshua even win rounds against Usyk, who has proven to be FAR MORE SKILLED than Povetkin and is also bigger in size than Povetkin?